Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

What do you think bout the lights?

Yes I like the projectors!
33%
I like em, but I'd go with black insteada chrome..
59%
I like the idea, but not this design.
No votes
Yes, I like the general idea. I'll post more about my response below..
3%
No on the halos.
1%
No on the leds.
3%
Just say, "No."
1%

Total votes: 143

SpyderMan

Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by SpyderMan »

Hi mx3.com, I originally posted this info over@mazdaworld, but was told this was the

main community for MX3 owners.. so MOST of this is gonna be copy & paste..

Before I get into the meat, just felt I should let you know more about me/spyder:

My name is John and I am a wholesale sales rep @ Spyder Auto, located in City of Industry, CA.
We're the main distributor for manufacturer, Sonar Lighting Co. I am not here to sell our product, but to
gauge the interest of the consumers for our upcoming products. Unlike most employees of companies that
are involved in the industry, I actually am an enthusiast that participates on forums and attends meets normally..
(I've been on SocalEvo.net for over 2yrs with my previous evo 9 and now evo x.) But enough about me..

Sonar Lighting Co. has produced a projector headlight for your 92-96 Mazda MX3! They're a Halogen-based projector
but are compatible with HID systems (if the Manufacturer doesn't know).. More info to come.. Post your Q's if you have em..
They'll be available in Black and Chrome.. More pics to come.. All feedback is welcome, as that is the sole reason I'm here.

Last edited by SpyderMan on September 11th, 2008, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onlytrueromeo

Re: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by onlytrueromeo »

YES! I'm glad to see you made it here! I'm anxiously awaiting more pictures, including fitment pictures (how they fit and look on the car) and what they look on in the "on" position, including the brightness level in front of the car. What bulbs would we need to use? What would we need to do to make them work with HID kits/ bulbs? I'm assuming it's a plastic lens cover? What material exactly? How long before they need to be buffed out (like the civic projectors)?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

After years of people begging, trying to get them made, and retrofitting Civics... boom, outta nowhere, here they are! Many people will be very happy (If the design, and price are right). I would like a much simpler design, like that of a high end car, such as Mercedes, Porsche, etc.. It looks like the turn signal is in there, which is aAWESOME!
It's too bad you didn't know about this site before making them.. You would have gotten ALOT of feedback for R&D, and come up with a design we'd all agree on. If you're into changing the design, this is the place for feedback!
THANKS for making these!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

AT LAST! I think they look great already and I would purchase them depending on price and whether I can get away with them in a RHD in the UK. My points and critism would be:
-a bit over complicated, the mx3 is a simple flowing design IMO the simpler the better
-again go for the higher end car look, even similar to the mazda 6s projectors, projectors with a chrome ring
or just plain and simple like rx7 aftermarket:
-would definately prefer black
-I still like angel eyes, especially compared to Audi's Chritmas tree approach

Overall I'm ecstatic to see these on their way, and aside from RHD potential aiming issues I would buy these right now.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Yes have been reluctant to mod Honda lights but was getting desperate. When will you post pics and prices or links? I went to your site and saw nothing about Mazda.
EDIT Ok just logged on at home and I can see the pics now. Nice looking head light. The all encompassing question is,,,,,,How Much? Patiently awaiting answer. :)
Last edited by Daninski on September 11th, 2008, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I think just seeing pictures in black would answer alot of questions.

I really like the design except for the 3 LED's... but maybe I will change my mind if I see it in black 8)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

all i have to say is:

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!! :love:
i think this warrants the word DAMN!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I think the LED's would work best if they were hidden more, and not so obvious - like mooneggs said, it might look alot better in black. Personally, the LED's are mixed in my eyes - I don't really care if the lights have a turn signal or not in them, I just want a clean look like marcdh.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It is fantastic that these are going to be made available. I would definitely want a pair depending on the look and cost. It is difficult to judge my overall response until I see them on the car. Cost will also be a factor. Do you have a tentative selling price?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Awesome, lets see some installed pics.

Definitely would be looking at getting a black set though, chrome is outdated.

What kinda price range are we looking at here?
Last edited by solo_ryder on September 11th, 2008, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

nice!!

would really like to see them in black.

looks really great, would also like to see them fitted in a mx3 and also see the black ones installed on a mx3.

i want a set 100% write me up for one 8)
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Although the chrome would best resemble the stock headlight look... of which I am a fan. I would have to see the black to compare and then see them installed!
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Everybody:
If we all agree on a single design, we can all get it for a better price than if he had to make several. This is very forseeable, since so far we agree. Fortunately, most of us have very similar taste, and don't have to argue between the the spectrum of simple to bling. A simple black design would be easiest to manufacture, so that's good.
I would be happy with a set that looks like the Civics that would fit right in. I would like there to be a turn signal in the outer part, but would be fine without it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SpyderMan

Post by SpyderMan »

bump cuz i got in trouble for taking poor quality pics w/ my messy desk.. haaha..
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Those look dope!

Return to “Appearance”