Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

What do you think bout the lights?

Yes I like the projectors!
33%
I like em, but I'd go with black insteada chrome..
59%
I like the idea, but not this design.
No votes
Yes, I like the general idea. I'll post more about my response below..
3%
No on the halos.
1%
No on the leds.
3%
Just say, "No."
1%

Total votes: 143

onlytrueromeo

Re: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by onlytrueromeo »

^^I said the same thing in my PM to him. I will copy it and email the company directly too.

marketing@spyderauto.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"There has been some concern that there is not enough interest in these lights for you to put them into production. These lights would look great, and I know everyone on http://www.mx-3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and related forums would be interested. We have a very large community, and would be able to spread the word beyond this forum. I know 3 other mx3 owners in the area by me that are NOT on the forums.

These lights would need to come in both chrome and black options, as people seem to like both. The LED's are debatable, I would prefer if they were not included, but if there was a way to take them out after production, that would be acceptable. The lights have ALOT of potential, I would just prefer them to look classier, which would be without the LED's.

Everyone appreciates the time and effort your company has put into this project and would be very disappointed if it fell through. I own 2 mx3's, and I am not the only fanatic who has more than 1. We have been looking for a good piece of engineering for awhile."
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

So can someone make a clear statement of what kind of petition we are doing? Pm'ing spidy? E-mailing spyder auto?

Edit, I just did both.
Last edited by Ryan on October 5th, 2008, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Do both.
taylor_matt

Post by taylor_matt »

i did both
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

mailed him!
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

I only said to PM me because it takes about 2 to 3 day before you get a response from Spyder Auto and i live 15 mins away from them. I'll be going you there tomorrow to see what's going on with the lights so far. And keep these PM's coming I have 8 so far. I want to at least have 100 but morning to take up there with me.
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

i have send you an PM...

MY RIDE:
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

PMed and sent email
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

Ok ppl Spyder Auto don't believe me when I told them that there are alot of us that really want these lights
just thought about this..

but what is that nonsense that they haven't got a clue what's going on????

they have made an prototype, they know ( or else you wouldnt make a prototype) that there are a lot of people seriously interested but now all of a sudden they are stumped by the fact that there are a lot of people who like this and want a set

this is getting better and better by the minute, next thing will be that they aren't planning to make these right? is it a bad dream or ignorance of they guy you spoke to at spyderauto

MY RIDE:
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

why in the world would we have to pm or write anyone..? wasnt the entire point of this thread in the first place to gauge interest? given that it's running 20 pages long, and the company itself is on this board, what more do they need?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If I were them, I'd be staying quiet, watching the frenzy with $$ in my eyes, waiting for that moment just before we start to lose interest, and then hit us with the price. They're either savvy, busy, or not paying attention.
I have an idea what they're worth to me, and am not getting caught up in the hype. I've had the hangover of buying something while in the frenzy, and realizing the value wasn't realistic. As a businessman, I understand this well.

One of the best marketing ploys I've heard of was a fashion designer in London that would put 1 or 2 items in his display window, and stay closed for weeks, letting people wonder and talk. Then, when he finally opened one "lucky" person (in the frenzy) would get to pay a ridiculous amount to be the one to have it. Also, high end restaurants don't let any actual patrons in for the first few days of opening, except celebrities. They plant people to be there, and pack the place so the actual patrons would think the place is so great that they can barely get in.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

This is absurd. It's blatantly obvious these are in demand. We have had people from many different forums across the world sign up just for this thread. For every one of them that can be bothered signing up, there'll be at least another 10 on their forum who will buy and the word will spread. This all not to mention the amount of people who don't use forums but do look on ebay etc. They would have market monopoly for these lights, of course they will sell, even with the most lacklustre distribution and marketing.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

When was the last time Spyder Auto was even on here? Obviosly he doesn't check it enough to see if there is interest. I definatelly agree with fowljesse, they are just trying to hype it up so when they finally come out, people will be willing to pay whatever they ask. They already put some money and effort into making the protptypes, so I'm sure they want to get some money out of it... and the only way to do it is to make lights. Therefore, I think we need to stay calm and just wait for further notice from Spyder Auto.
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

not gonna pay more than 150$ for a pair!
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Protest?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.

Return to “Appearance”