Those who want black slim visors

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
onlytrueromeo

Re: Those who want black slim visors

Post by onlytrueromeo »

The stuff is made by a company that specializes in HDPE plastics. I have no idea if it'l work, it's just what turned up when I did a google search. Here is the phone number if you want, but I think everyone seems to be fine with painting them.

800-243-9696

You want the NOVUS scratch remover. They have a 3 step system available, or you can buy each of them individually. The deep scratch remover is what I was linking to. I think it's some type of chemical that actually eats away at the surface to get rid of imperfections.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks!! I'll see what the manufacturer will do for me tomorrow.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Goodluck!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I found a place that uses that 3 stage stuff for HDPE polishing, and my scratches are too deep, so I went back to the manufacturer, and eventually got to the boss again. I'm going to get a credit toward making either more smoked ones, or black Acrylic. If you guys want new black ones, I will need to get at least $70 shipped for them in the U.S., and a little more for Canada, etc..., since the material costs just slightly less than the smoked. I can paint the black ones with a gloss black plastic paint, and they will look the same as if they were polished, and I can sell them for $50 shipped, so please let me know what you want to do.. If you bought painted ones, it would help me not lose money on all this. I'll post detailed pictures of painted ones, and send a set for just the shipping, to get a testimonial. I'll send it to the first person who asked for the black ones.
Sorry this got screwy :oops: I guess this is why these weren't made for so many years.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Can you paint a set and post pictures to see what they look like? I have terrible luck/skill with paint and my things always turn out bad- haha.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

well I was interested in black... maybe if we go to the drags wednesday you could bring them so I could inspect...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yes I will. I have good luck/ skill with paint. If it doesn't work out, I'll put a [FS] for cool black cieling fan blades, or Pirate swords, or a giant black plastic daisy.

That's a good idea Mooneggs.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i'm surprised you dont have any takers on this. a lot of ppl painted their slim visors to match their car paint, myself included. hardly cuts down on visibility at all, and looks better than smoked IMO.

so if sanded smooth but cloudy, that wouldn't be an issue...
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

gregorychristian's painted visors.. this should inspire some ppl...

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks! Those look good! I wondered what they would look like painted to match, and they're alot better than I imagined. If anyone wants to paint theirs to match their car, I can send them out right away, just sanded. These are solid black, anyway, so nothing would be lost visually, and yeah, you don't look through them, anyway.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I got some good plastic paint, after talking with the sales guy. He assured me that it's good for HDPE. I painted the one I'm going to put on my car (the worst one I have), without sanding it, and it pretty much covered all the scratches, so when I sand them first, they will be smoooth. It has the typical slight Orange peel, so I'm going to buff it tomorrow, and then put up pictures.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Any update on these? Would they be sold as black, or as painted some neutral color (white/black)? I know most people seem interested in the smoked ones, but I was wondering if you had any progress/luck with the black ones.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I'd buy a set off of you straight up not even painted. how much shipped to 14802?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Cool. Another guy bought a set that he's painting to match his car.
I'm out of town until the 5th, so I can get you a quote when I get back.
I'll sell these sanded, and ready for paint for $40.

Return to “Appearance”