Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

What do you think bout the lights?

Yes I like the projectors!
33%
I like em, but I'd go with black insteada chrome..
59%
I like the idea, but not this design.
No votes
Yes, I like the general idea. I'll post more about my response below..
3%
No on the halos.
1%
No on the leds.
3%
Just say, "No."
1%

Total votes: 143

projectzemx3

Re: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by projectzemx3 »

look kinda rice, maybe black.... jdm glass is the best tho :)
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I would gladlly pay for the lights now and test fit them on my car!! All you gotta do is ship em! :welder:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

TigEer wrote:VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When and where will this projector be made available??!!! All I'm hoping for is that it would be an exact fit, HID compatible (9004 bulbs), won't cloud up, and MAKE AVAILABLE SOON!!!!!!
Iwould assume from the pictures that this will take 2 h1 style bulbs but hook up directly to our 9004 harnesses(correct me if I'm wrong). Spyder has already said it would be HID compatible.
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

wow! :D
i was jus gonna buy sum TSX projectors and custom make my own
n then i seen this thread!
im in for a set!
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I am ready for a set now.....I lost one set of headlights to a person that was going to make me a set of custom projectors. I am looking forward to getting a set of these lights too. I am also interested to know how much these will be and when they will be available to us. I am willing to pay for these lights the way they are now and test fit them for you.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

thats all nice, people offering to pay for the lights, testfit them and then return them to spyderauto.

but what if it doesnt fit properly? alignment of 1 bracket wrong for instance?

if they have a test car at their shop, and they find lets say a bracket that isnt completely right, they can then jump onto that instantly and fix it, testfit it again and see if there are othere clearance problems.

if they send it to who ever is willing to testfit, they need to wait for the results, fix any problems found and then refit it again to ensure a 100% fitting. that isnt going to work if i am honest.

just get a mx3 locally and drive it to their shop, and make sure they fit a 100%..
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
SpyderMan

Post by SpyderMan »

turbulence23 wrote:thats all nice, people offering to pay for the lights, testfit them and then return them to spyderauto.

but what if it doesnt fit properly? alignment of 1 bracket wrong for instance?

if they have a test car at their shop, and they find lets say a bracket that isnt completely right, they can then jump onto that instantly and fix it, testfit it again and see if there are othere clearance problems.

if they send it to who ever is willing to testfit, they need to wait for the results, fix any problems found and then refit it again to ensure a 100% fitting. that isnt going to work if i am honest.

just get a mx3 locally and drive it to their shop, and make sure they fit a 100%..
That is exactly why we need to physically, ourselves, test fit the lights. My tech & myself will goto work on the lights to ensure proper fitment and report to the manufacturer all major & minor modifications to make to the light before they go into the production phase. Thus it's imperative that I find a local test-fitter.. Normaly, it isn't hard to find a test-car in southern California, but for some reason, NO ONE in the LA COUNTY/ORANGE COUNTY owns a mx3?! I'll start hitting up auto-trader next week.. But ya.. COME FORWAD IF YOURE READING THIS AND SOMEWHAT LOCAL TO 91748!!!!

Best regards,

John
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

There aren't alot of mx3 owners in SoCal. Where is SoCalMx3? (I think thats his username) he always wants to do stuff - he should jump in on this!
Savin

Post by Savin »

There was a guy in So Cal, redmxlookin4turbo (I think that's how you spell it) but I guess he crunched it? I say contact him and see if the front end is still good for fitment purposes.

As for me, I intend to buy a set once mechanical issues are done with my car.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

SpyderMan wrote:
That is exactly why we need to physically, ourselves, test fit the lights. My tech & myself will goto work on the lights to ensure proper fitment and report to the manufacturer all major & minor modifications to make to the light before they go into the production phase. Thus it's imperative that I find a local test-fitter.. Normaly, it isn't hard to find a test-car in southern California, but for some reason, NO ONE in the LA COUNTY/ORANGE COUNTY owns a mx3?! I'll start hitting up auto-trader next week.. But ya.. COME FORWAD IF YOURE READING THIS AND SOMEWHAT LOCAL TO 91748!!!!

Best regards,

John
are there any junkyards locally? couldn't you just take them in there, maybe pay a small fee and fit them to an mx-3 with an OK front end?? just a thought....
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

hey spyderman. talk to the guys in this thread http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p477998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there all from SoCal
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

jbud1291 wrote:hey spyderman. talk to the guys in this thread http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p477998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there all from SoCal
Now that would be toooooo easy..... :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

lol just trying to get the headlights into production as fast as possible. i really want a pair!! :freak:
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I placed a link for them to this thread, hopefully they jump on it. I'd like to get a MS front without having to cut it to fit around my headlights.
Cody
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Pwahaha!
:lol:
We ganged up!
If this doesn't happen, I'll freakin drive down there.
100 people should give me $1 for gas :D
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Appearance”