Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

What do you think bout the lights?

Yes I like the projectors!
33%
I like em, but I'd go with black insteada chrome..
59%
I like the idea, but not this design.
No votes
Yes, I like the general idea. I'll post more about my response below..
3%
No on the halos.
1%
No on the leds.
3%
Just say, "No."
1%

Total votes: 143

tehbrookzorz

Re: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Daninski wrote:Feels like a Leper poker game, everyones throwing in their hands. (sorry had to add to the last poker post)
Ha ha. Nice.

$400 is a little rich for me, but I'm pretty happy with my Civic projectors. If the price is lower I'll probably be in.
Cody
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

lol How about no one talk about price, let the man tell you what the price is, and stop mentioning how much your willing to pay.

Lol Noobs all of you Noobs!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Mnemonic wrote:lol How about no one talk about price, let the man tell you what the price is, and stop mentioning how much your willing to pay.

here the deal PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THIS. THE MX-3 IS NOT MADE ANY MORE. HASNT BEEN MADE SINCE 1995. WE ARE LUCKY THAT SOMEONE IS DEVELOPING PARTS. A DIRECT PLUG N PLAY PART. NOT A PART HACKED FROM A CIVIC NOR SOMETHING THAT IS BEING DEVELOPED. A TRUE PLUG IN PLAY PART. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WENT INTO DEVELOPMENT. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICE THEN DONT BUY IT. I MY SELF RIGHT NOW CANNOT AFFORD THE PART & i WILL PAY FOR IT WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY. I REMEBER DAYS OF NO TAILIGHTS, HOODS & A COUPLE OF BODY KITS. STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR STUFF. IF YOU WANT CHEAP PARTS THEN BUY A CVIC.
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Not to bash a mod, but please, please... Don't type in caps. IT'S YELLING!
Cody
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I think he MEANT TO YELL
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

^yea i would agree with that statement
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

As this is a discussion forum, I think all the responses are legitimate. If we tell him what we're willing to pay, he makes more money by catering to his demographic by making a product within that price range. I'm sure it would cost much less to make them more simple, and without "chrome".
He WANTS feedback.
If he makes these Bling headlights, and 8 people buy them, he's worse off than he would be if he listens to his potential buyers, and sells 100+, even if the profit margin is less per unit.
I'm sure I'm in the majority, if I say that I'd like a set, but don't want them bad enough to go out of my budget.
I would be surprised if the blueprint for the Civics is not for sale, easily copied, or not copyrighted. I would be perfectly happy with that setup, but plug & play.
Also, another part of the big picture is this;
He's starting a company, and in doing so, one needs to get a share of the demographic, and the market is saturated with sellers. If he gets us as new customers, he also gets our word of mouth advertisement, and possible loyalty for his other products (most of us have other cars, too). That is better than direct advertisement. There are plenty of good reasons that he would make this affordable for us, and make more money than if he chose to say "Here's what you get, and here's what it costs. Period.".
Spyder, if you want to discuss any of this, PM me.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

monty73741 wrote:
Mnemonic wrote:lol How about no one talk about price, let the man tell you what the price is, and stop mentioning how much your willing to pay.

THE MX-3 IS NOT MADE ANY MORE. HASNT BEEN MADE SINCE 1995. WE ARE LUCKY THAT SOMEONE IS DEVELOPING PARTS.
Actually they were made till 1998... ehehe in Japan that is. :love:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Skuce

Post by Skuce »

Lose the Halo's.

You want Class...not Cheese
Drew
'95 EGT 1.8
T
'93 ELX 1.9 SC
'91 ELX 1.9
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

cjthor wrote:I think he MEANT TO YELL

Whatever he meant, it was unnecessary. Half the reason members appreciate this forum so much is because of the polite and helpful attitude they find.

Pricing will be set based on supply and demand. If the price is too high, there won't be much demand. The number of these made may be low, but the impression I get from reading Spyder's posts is that they are gearing up to make plenty of these. My only concern is Spyder doesn't seem to be monitoring this thread as much as we are. The mx-3.com forum is likely the most hungry for these headlights. That in mind, the community is historically price conscious, so osargeant's statement is not unfounded.
osargeant wrote:The headlights look fantastic, I think the price will determine how quickly and how many are sold. Any price of $200-$250 would get lots of sales, $400 for instance would now put this out of the spending power of the average MX3 owner.

I would definitely buy a set for $200 for instance without even thinking and just about every other MX3 owner that I know.
This reflects my feelings. Of course it's take it or leave it, but any good seller is going to recognize that the more people that leave it, the less potential profit.

Good initial pics on the lights. How about more?
Cody
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Skuce wrote:Lose the Halo's.

You want Class...not Cheese
+1
Cody
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

As per my earlier poker analogy, which must have been lost in translation... Please stop talking price. I know everyone has their limits... but if you want a good price, it's best not to mention what you are williing to pay. Spyder did not talk pricing once b4 he said these were going into production. It does concern my that there is no pricing on his webpage. But bottom line, who's to say that these might not be hittin the market for $150 (example) and then some douche comes along to say they are willing to spend $400.. what do you think is gunna happen to the price? Lets leave the production and pricing to Spyder and his company. This is about feedback on what we'd like regarding the lights, not the price. Keep on topic.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:This is about feedback on what we'd like regarding the lights, not the price. Keep on topic.
Sounds fair. Who likes black with chrome light surrounds, like the Mazda6?
Cody
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I do, but it would be the only chrome on my car, so I could leave it, too.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
kevinvd

Post by kevinvd »

any info yet ?

Return to “Appearance”