Turbo or KLZE

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
xSocialx

Re: Turbo or KLZE

Post by xSocialx »

are they any good those air intakes?
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

oh no it's not sorry, I don't like that dark look, i like my lights cause the backing is dark but the lights are bright and clear, I loveee them
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

wrong page hahaha sorry
Matt

Post by Matt »

My opinion here. Find a Mx6 or Ford Probe that has been in an accident, rear end. Pick it up for $400 or so. It will save you on the cost in the long run, oh and if you decide to buy a motor from somewhere NOT Tiger Japan in sauga i believe. Long story google you find they rip everyone off. Anyway a Ford Probe or a Mazda Mx6 has the KL-DE in it. you can then take the ECU, and motor from it. and then sell parts on other forums or scrap it. You can then build up the internals on the KL-DE and turbo it.

:)
-Matt
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

But I think I'm going to go with the KLZE so now I have to get the money. Thats step one haha
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

tmac4t4 wrote:there isnt much after market parts for the k8..you can get a k&n rip off cone style filter from crappy tire for under 30 bucks...im about to roll 250,000km and i dont think its gona die antime soon :shrug:
Stop doing oil changes if you want her die sooner than later.

You could just do what I did and get a KLDE that burned a TONNE of oil and run it crazy rich, and be as fast as the majority of ZE's out there... lol.
On a serious note to the OP, just get a ZE. They're ridiculously cheap and if you think it isn't enough power after a while boost that sh.t.
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i did my suspension and all my front end steering components before ill do the swap. find the parts you will need to swap a ze and start collecting! once you parts pile is complete and you have the time to do the swap, make sure you have enough cash to get your flywheel machined/ enough cash incase you run into any problems.

hold off on making a cold air for the k8 for now as it might not fit properly with the different style intake manifold

curve neck intake manifolds are easier to swap into our cars. you COULD find a smashed car with a klde in it but chances are it has high k's and probably not in that good of shape. you can get an import DE for cheaper then a ZE but you run the risk of buying a USDM one that an importer pulled from a north american scrap yard. if your importer is legit this wont happen. if your importer is tiger jap then it probably would.

before purchasing one of these motors learn what your engine codes are and WHERE they are so you can assure you are getting the right motor. always ask for a compression test too (especially cylinder 6 haha)
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”