Ebay cold air intakes

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
chertel

Re: Ebay cold air intakes

Post by chertel »

No reply? I guess I'll give the mx6 intake a try. It looks right, doesn't have two nipples on the pipe from the tb but that is ok because I am only using one. I'll get back and tell if it works or not.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I bought this one because it was 3" piping and it was black.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/94-95-96-97-00-ACURA ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is no CAI that fits directly to either the RS or GS. All require cutting. I used a 3" high temp silicone elbow and a straight tube and several hose clamps. I cut out the section of the CAI with the nipple to connect to the PCV and I cut out the elbow to make the turn down into the fender. Took me about an hour mostly because I had a crappy hack saw.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
nightridergsr

Post by nightridergsr »

I don't remember what year was listed, but I got CAI for an Integra and used it on MX-3. Think may have been for 2000+ Integra, but idk. Didn't even use all the tubing they sent with the kit, basically need the connector things and 1 piece of tube, unless you plan on putting filter down in the bumper like some do for what you could call "Ram Air". :wink:
chertel

Post by chertel »

I changed my mind about the mx6 intake. I like the black one for the 94 integra on ebay, I might get that one too? I want the filter in the fender so I need the down pipe too. I am not in a hurry so still looking on ebay. I am trying to find a canadian company because the intakes are cheap on ebay but the shipping isn't cheap and I dont know if I'll have to pay duty when It comes to my door. I know they charged me duty from cork sport so there will probably be duty to.
chertel

Post by chertel »

http://cosmoracing.com/productlist.asp?cid=193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found this site. If you look at the mx3 and mx6 and protoge pics all are the same? the way I found them was from ebay they are selling a integra intake there.
Ubermx3

Post by Ubermx3 »

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Aspec-19722.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i just came across this and figured i would add it to the cold air..
i too am searching for cheap cold air.. i mean come on its a tube with a filter at the end of it..
if i go back a bit in my search page im sure i can find the 1000 dollar cold air intake.. "lol"
ive been searching on ebay myself.. i still have yet to have found anything im satisfied with on ebay.. except some tail lights
hopefully i find something cheap that can be easily mounted inside my wheel well (without cutting)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

That CAI is a POS. Just use the cheap-a-- ones everyone else has talked to death about.
Search is super-hella-cool-to-the-max-yo.
Ubermx3

Post by Ubermx3 »

is there any difference between http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Aspec-19722.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.aspecproducts.com/images.asp?theid=1320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not going off the picture cuz we all know that whats in the picture isnt always whats in the box, but arent these the same just difference prices ? ?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

LOL

you gotta be kidding. One has a heat shield and will move the intake away from the engine heat. The other does not have any Vac lines and is therefore useless. Get the cheap f'n civic ones for 10-15 and call it a day. Or the $17X one...

There is enough info out there. Don't reinvent the wheel, just spin it.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”