koni strut insert

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nobodyhere671

koni strut insert

Post by nobodyhere671 »

http://performance.yoparts.com/koni/kon ... 52036.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

would it be possible to make any of these work on my mx3, and if so how would i go about making it fit?
wytbishop

Re: koni strut insert

Post by wytbishop »

Koni inserts are universal and install into your existing strut body. Instructions are included with the product and there are several how to's ...like this one for example...http://www.druidhillroad.com/projects/koni/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You do have to get the correct one for your strut. I'm not sure which one that is, but it's not new information.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yep

Need to use the stock struts as a type of housing/mount since the Koni's literally go inside.

(doh you beat me to it)

I got mine from Corksport.
http://corksport.com/store/category/53g ... hocks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
nobodyhere671

Post by nobodyhere671 »

does anyone know the inside depth and inside diameter of the strut housing?, i'd take mine off and apart to
measure it but i can't really have down time since im using it to go back and forth from work right now

also, should i buy one with a stroke close to stock? or would it be okay to get one with a different stroke?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Buy the ones from Corksport...they've already done the work for you.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”