[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: [GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by cjthor »

Just to double check...this will be a direct bolt on yes? I dont care about clips and such for the interior trim as much as I want to make sure the hinges will bolt back on and the hatch will have the catch.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'd be happy to have no clip holes anywhere, if it would lower the price. I know these are totally worth the price, but I'm BROKE. Any corners that can be cut would be fine by me :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Just like our hoods, the hatch will come with the mounting points already drilled and tapped in steel plates to allow for the hinges to bolt right up. The catch will also be installed.

The interior clips for panelling:

The beauty about molds is thaty ou can see EVERYTHING! This means that the holes where the clips would go into should be quite visible.

Having said that, we will NOT predrill any of the holes for the clips nor for the garnish. This will save us on manual labour.

Those of you that want to leave it plain can do so. Those that want to attach all the trim to the inside and put the garnish on, can drill the holes yourself and Bob's your uncle.

fowljesse, are you still unconfirmed ???
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Matt

Post by Matt »

Throw me down for one, unconfirmed at this time but put me down none the less
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Mark me down as unconfirmed if you like also. I am very interested, but pressed for time at the moment, so when I get back from my trip, I will read all of the related information on this and make a final decision. It would be nice to see the end product, but obviously you need funds to make them.
Cody
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I updated the first post, please review to see whether or not there are any answers that still need to be included for ease as well as your status.

I can also make these in coloured fabric for an extra charge (approx $100-$150).
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yes, I am unconfirmed, as I have all my money tied up in slim visors, and will be going on vacation in 3 weeks. I can do a deposit in about a month. What would work out best for me, is if you get enough people to go ahead without me, and I buy one at the tail end, or if it takes a while to get it going, or, everyone on this site wants a set of visors. If I become the sticking point, I'll work something out, and put down a deposit.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Just like that, we now have 10 ppl of which 50% are confirmed.

I'm going to make this even easier to get the other 50% on board...

I understand money is an issue and by no means am I rolling around in it. What If i break it down into 3 equal deposits. This makes it easier on you guys (as well as myself) and provides enough for startup costs and tooling.

As the project progesses, I will ask for the second deposit in order to start getting the hatches produced. The last deposit will be right before your items gets shipped out. In other words, you can take as long as you want (reasonably) to get your last payment together and have you hatch shipped out.

So;

Dep 1: $200
Dep 2: $200
Dep 3: $200 + shipping cost

How does that sound?
OSKY

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

60% confirmed.

First post updated..
OSKY

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

cjthor wrote:Just to double check...this will be a direct bolt on yes? I dont care about clips and such for the interior trim as much as I want to make sure the hinges will bolt back on and the hatch will have the catch.
fowljesse wrote:I'd be happy to have no clip holes anywhere, if it would lower the price. I know these are totally worth the price, but I'm BROKE. Any corners that can be cut would be fine by me :wink:
You know what I was thinking today. I need to check, but I think most of the reason for the trim is to hide the wires for the brake light, rear wiper and hose for the washer fluid. I don't think that I'll be using the rear washer, although undecided on the rear wiper, the 3rd brake light is necessary.

Anyway, depending how it's made, if we can get some wires pre-ran (this would be easy if the hatch is made from a top and bottom piece joined together), there'd be no need to use the trim on the hatch. I'd pay a few bucks extra for that. Would need ground wires ran since you obviously can't ground to the CF.
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on August 3rd, 2008, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm happier without my rear wiper, and I live in rain city, and I'm going to do LEDs for the brake light.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

The hatch, like the hoods are made from a 2 piece mold which means that we could run wires before the two pieces are bonded.

Yes, that would add to the cost. I don't see why we couldnt do it during the manufacturing process but we would need to drill out some holes and lay the wiring down which is time consuming...

A wizz kid like you with a 17 monitor and a PC in trunk shouldn't have any issues wiring it up yourself without complicating the process any further.

Sound ok?
OSKY

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I like the idea of this coming plain... then each of us can add the parts we want... keeps it simpler overall!

when I got my CF hood years ago I wanted to add the rubber pieces around the headlights so I just drilled the holes that were already indented from the mold and it worked great!

and just so I understand correctly - this "plain hatch" will be designed as a blank hatch without RS or GS garnish/spoiler? I'm guessing these holes will not be drilled either so we can choose if we want to install either of these pieces - is this correct?
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Mooneggs wrote:I like the idea of this coming plain... then each of us can add the parts we want... keeps it simpler overall!

when I got my CF hood years ago I wanted to add the rubber pieces around the headlights so I just drilled the holes that were already indented from the mold and it worked great!

and just so I understand correctly - this "plain hatch" will be designed as a blank hatch without RS or GS garnish/spoiler? I'm guessing these holes will not be drilled either so we can choose if we want to install either of these pieces - is this correct?
That is correct!
OSKY

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:The hatch, like the hoods are made from a 2 piece mold which means that we could run wires before the two pieces are bonded.

Yes, that would add to the cost. I don't see why we couldnt do it during the manufacturing process but we would need to drill out some holes and lay the wiring down which is time consuming...

A wizz kid like you with a 17 monitor and a PC in trunk shouldn't have any issues wiring it up yourself without complicating the process any further.

Sound ok?
Yes and no. It's like building a house than doing the wiring afterwards...It would only be doable *IF* there's a channel that runs from on end to the other, and if it's possible. Maybe there's a way to squeeze it in where and before the glass gets mounted, that we'd have to wait and see. I'm just trying to cover all bases on what can/needs to be done.

Although I know that when i think hows something can be gone and how it is done is 2 different things. I only see it as driling a hole on each side, run the wire from one hole to the other, just use some cheap tape to hold it in place, than put the halves together like you would otherwise. I'd see it like an extra 10minutes. I'm not asking that to be included in the product, i know you want to keep costs low, and I don't like to be difficult or demanding, in which I can be sometimes, but I really only see that being able to be done during that stage to get a clean and doable result. Honestly, I'd really REALLY like to get that done that way, even if it meant paying a few bucks more, being the last on the list AND going up there to help out with going that.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”