Where's the plug for this?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3ak

Re: Where's the plug for this?

Post by MX3ak »

kami_no_michi wrote:i thin u have the opposite problem to me. it looks like ur klze/klde engine is obdI where ur mx-3 is obd II apparently when they changed over the systems they got rid of the extra coolant temp sensor as they didnt need it. however i think unlike me if ur wiring harness dosent have the connector for it u can leave it. but if it was the other way round and u had the connector for CTS on ur wiring harness but no on the actual engine u need to install a cts on ur engine or u fan will be on constantly.

hope that makes sense im sure someone on here can make it more readable. and possibly easier to understand.
All K8's MX-3 have the 2+1 temp sensors (Engine, Coolant and Gauge sender) only, according to the workshop manuals, they have switched black and green functions after '94.

On KF/KL ECU's, only the Black plug is used. But then, you gotta be sure the MX-3 harness you use is connecting the plug where where it belongs on the ECU.
Otherwise, you know, it may result on lean or rich burning issues
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
kami_no_michi

Re: Where's the plug for this?

Post by kami_no_michi »

the way to check this would be to connect both up then reset the ecu. and run it for a few days then read fault codes and see if code 69 appears. am i correct in assmuing if u did connect the plugs the wrong way then the ecu would throw a code?
Let them hate as long as they fear.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”