Where's the plug for this?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Whisper

Where's the plug for this?

Post by Whisper »

This is the second coolant sensor, right? I'm assuming it's supposed to control the radiator fan, but I can't seem to find a plug for it. The other CTS is plugged in, but the plug for that one doesn't even fit this guy. Please explain.

Thnx.

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

If your car is a 94+ it may not have the plug for that.

Do you remeber unplugging it when you took the k8 out. or you still ahve your k8 check to see if it even ahs the sensor!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Yeh, 94. I don't have the old motor accessible right now, but I don't think K8 has that sensor. Still, isn't there another one? I thought post-93 K8 had two sensors. One for ECU, and one for fan? Isn't the other one on the lower section of the radiator?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

It could be on the side of the radiator, but if the acr did not have the sensor to begin with then don't worry about it.'ve installed a ze on an 95 mx3 without the sensor and it works fin, doesn't oevrheat or anything. The rad fan is controlled differently
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Ah, alright. Thanks. Just wanted to see if it's cool to leave it like that.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

LOL

ok the black one os the fan thermo sensor, the green one is the head temp sensor.. hope that clears things out :) also the little one i guess its a temp sensor.

I dont have the fan sensor there.. well its there but not drilled. Just to erase the code. I have my fans manual to a switch.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:LOL

ok the black one os the fan thermo sensor, the green one is the head temp sensor.. hope that clears things out :) also the little one i guess its a temp sensor.

I dont have the fan sensor there.. well its there but not drilled. Just to erase the code. I have my fans manual to a switch.
so when you did your swap why didn't you just swap the waternecks and have it functioning the way its supposed to?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

So the manual shows only one CTS for a 95 model K8. Are 94 and 95 models have the same setup?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Are 94 and 95 models have the same setup?
Yes. 92-93 are the same, 94-95 are the same and 96+ were OBDII so different yet again. At least in north america.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Aight.
Micv

Re: Where's the plug for this?

Post by Micv »

I'm having the same problem. No connector for this sensor. ('94 mx-3) swapped in a KLDE from a Ford probe with 2 sensors and also swapped the ecu. The fan doesn't seem to work now. It doesn't come on when TEN + GND is connected with ignition and also doesn't seem to come on when car reaches high temp.

What should i do ? Get another (newer) ecu that doesn't excpect this second sensor or what ?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I have two, the black one your see is green in my car. I have my plug on the other sensor thats just rear of the black one in the pic (green in my car). My fan and temp indication works perfect. Confirmed it with my Laptop connected to my ECU (OBD2 of course). I also thought 94-95 only has one sensor. Make sure your completely plugged into the sensor and set your TPS.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

This is all kind of weird... I've been searching for a green plug sensor on Ford-Probe stores but no one knows about it. So I guess not a single KL/KF uses that kind of plug...

Shouldn't you ZE/DE guys plug the black one instead of the green?

...My 0.2€
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
kami_no_michi

Post by kami_no_michi »

i thin u have the opposite problem to me. it looks like ur klze/klde engine is obdI where ur mx-3 is obd II apparently when they changed over the systems they got rid of the extra coolant temp sensor as they didnt need it. however i think unlike me if ur wiring harness dosent have the connector for it u can leave it. but if it was the other way round and u had the connector for CTS on ur wiring harness but no on the actual engine u need to install a cts on ur engine or u fan will be on constantly.

hope that makes sense im sure someone on here can make it more readable. and possibly easier to understand.
Let them hate as long as they fear.
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Mine has 3 sensors: the first is for ECU, the second is for fan & third is for temp gauge.
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”