PARKING BRAKE LIGHTS-- going crazy

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
yvan

PARKING BRAKE LIGHTS-- going crazy

Post by yvan »

with the 5spd tranny.. ok here's whats been happening, Key on Engine Off or Running the Parking Brake Light would come ON when both door are close. it will remain ON and goes OFF when you open the door or step on the clutch paddle. Its driving me CoCO ... any insight on this would be very helpful .
93' blue mx-3, klze curve neck, kl36ecu, all the upgrade possible/out turbo.
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: PARKING BRAKE LIGHTS-- going crazy

Post by shameem »

Check brake fluid level first -
If brake fluid is full - then you will have to get into the wiring and figure out if there are any short circuits...
yvan

Re: PARKING BRAKE LIGHTS-- going crazy

Post by yvan »

brake fluid level switch is working good fluid level is full, the E brake cable switch is testing out good, and the door switch are also fine. on wire diagram this should be a very simple setup, but there is that module underneath the driver seat. will investigate on that. i was hoping this would be a common problem, maybe it could just be my bad luck. if it comes down to it, this could be a long night and a few cases of beer tracing down individual wire.. i will keep an update on this, and any comment or advice is good..
93' blue mx-3, klze curve neck, kl36ecu, all the upgrade possible/out turbo.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”