MX-3 KL-ZE Which turbo will fit in?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nathan259

MX-3 KL-ZE Which turbo will fit in?

Post by nathan259 »

Well i took a look on ebay for a turbo but i don't know which one is good.

Is this one a good choice:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/93-97-Ford-Probe-MX- ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solo_ryder

Re: MX-3 KL-ZE Which turbo will fit in?

Post by solo_ryder »

nathan259 wrote:Well i took a look on ebay for a turbo but i don't know which one is good.

Is this one a good choice:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/93-97-Ford-Probe-MX- ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, the trubo and the wastegate are not very good, they are hit and miss (mostly miss).

The best option here is to get a set of hot pipes and then get a decent turbo (t3/t4 garrett) with a good tial 58mm wastegate. Here is a link to the hot pipes:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-Probe-2-5L-KLZE ... dZViewItem

You need to modify the crossmember to make these fit as they hang to low for the mx3's. Do a search, there is alot of info on boosting a v6.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

the turbo is like 99% a miss LOL

the bov hit and miss, the wastegate , i opened it up and used real tial internals.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

Lol, and I am the 1% that says they work fine if you treat them right, and rub them right.....;)

not that I don't abuse mine everyday but...
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
nathan259

Post by nathan259 »

So, clearly, what should I buy and where?

Post links if you can... Don't need to be the most powerful one, i only want quality...
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

The best option here is to get a set of hot pipes and then get a decent turbo (t3/t4 garrett) with a good tial 58mm wastegate. Here is a link to the hot pipes
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-Probe-2-5L-KLZE ... dZViewItem
ImageImageImageImage
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

lol 58mm wast gate, over shooting it by a bit there big a guy a 38 mm will do you just fine till about 400hp buddy dont spwnd the extra money. if you want to drag the car get a decent zised t3 if not and you want to autocross it get a smaller t3 for quick spool up in the corners.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
nathan259

Post by nathan259 »

But with that...I don't have an intercooler...where can i find it? And which one?
mazdanut08

Post by mazdanut08 »

If you had to ask which turbo will fit "in" your MX-3, You still have alot of research to do. Check out the book "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell.

Return to “Forced Induction”