zzzoomx3's mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
tmac4t4

Re: zzzoomx3's mx3

Post by tmac4t4 »

nice setup...my first impression was "sickkk"..then i noticed how you have it posistioned, i think you should flip your blueprint upside down :shrug: i just think having it face that way is so typical, ya kno..either way its gona sound SWEET!!! :welder:
ImageImageImageImage
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thanks - but if i flip it - the spare tire will become useless, plus you typically want your woofers pointing towards the rear of the car - you get a better bass response that way.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

ok - so i was finally able to get some 'real' pics of my interior at night and what i mean by real is, this is what it really looks like - just as if you were looking at it in person:

the light in the rear deck is wedged into that little space where the glass shows through, so when you look at the car from behind you see this bright blue light - its pretty neat looking...
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

It is neat looking, so did you get your switch? Im getting my clutch in so my mx will be roaring once again.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's nice.
It reminds me of Burning Man (home).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Stablo87 wrote:It is neat looking, so did you get your switch? Im getting my clutch in so my mx will be roaring once again.
no - i didnt get the switch - had to go to my parents this weekend...what really sucks about my switch is that the electronics and everything work - its just the little buttons you push up and down broke...:( - i wish there was a way to just rebuild the damn thing
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

fowljesse wrote:That's nice.

thanks - i will be adding more lights for the amp/subwoofer box - i have something really sweet planned for when you put the rear seats down :D
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

May I ask what type/size/intensity of LED's you used?

Were you wearing pyjamas when you took these pictures? :lol:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If it's what I'm thinking, it won't work.. Even though I'm an acrobat, I couldn't fit back there with my girlfriend. We had to keep the hatch open, and she ended up with a bad bruise :)
zzzoomx3 wrote:
fowljesse wrote:That's nice.

thanks - i will be adding more lights for the amp/subwoofer box - i have something really sweet planned for when you put the rear seats down :D
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Ryan wrote:May I ask what type/size/intensity of LED's you used?

Were you wearing pyjamas when you took these pictures? :lol:
lol- yes i was...thats funny you noticed that..

as far what i have planned for the amp rack-i dont have a girlfriend (thank God) - so i wont have to worry about fitting back there...:P

i want to put a plexiglass window to display the wiring and led distribution block and may even put a LCD screen (haent decided yet) and of course it will all be lit up with some blue neon:D

i dont know what intensity the lights are - i used 2 12" neon tubes up front, 1 15" LED light strip for the roof and 1 15" neon tune for the rear deck...i got them all at autozone
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

dang man! how much time has this taken you to do all this?! it looks awesome!! good job on the interior!
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thanks! it only took a couple of hours to put everything in place and wire it up - i wired everything to the remote wire on the stereo, so they only come on when the stereo is on and these lights have the option to pulse with the music - but i dont use that setting - its gets annoying and i always think there's a cop behind me when they are blinking on and off at night..lol
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

hahaha good choice! I know a lot of guys that would get pulled over for that. sounds just like what i did with my blacklights...i hooked them straight into the stereo so they'd be on with the key turned.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well - i got my head unit ordered today - hopefully it will be here quickly. the majority of the stuff is on-hand - enough to begin building the box that all this crap is going into. still waiting for the crossover and power/ground distribution blocks and i'll eventually end up getting one of those 200 Farad batteries - ugh - but overall - i cant wait to see it all put together - it will be awesome!!
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

wow man thats a wicked looking deck for the price..hope it works as good as it looks
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”