zzzoomx3's mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
zzzoomx3

zzzoomx3's mx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

this is my ride

future plans:

slotted/drilled rotors
CAI
Polished IM
Complete steel braided hoses
Red silicon vacuum lines
Indiglo HVAC panel
Body Kit
DVD player, Audiobahn Flame series amps and woofers - custom fiberglass enclosure and amp rack
Underbody Blue Neon
More interior blue neon
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on March 30th, 2008, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: zzzoomx3's mx3

Post by Kirk95gs »

Looks good man! I would clean up your intake mani. Very nice v/c's and stainless lines. Like the rims also. Looks good on the car. Keep it up.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thanks - im working on it still - the IM is next - since its the only ride working at the moment - cant rip off the IM just yet. i've also ordered a new CAI - but the damn thing hasnt come yet and i'm getting mad about it, cause its supposed to be here already. the current intake was taken from my protege before i sold it - thats why its so short. yes, i know, its not good, but its all i had at the moment and it was better than a stock airbox.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey, you should make a worklog.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

IMO slotted n drilled rotors are a waste of money u dont really get anything out of them. I had them when I did autocross and I had regular ones in autocross and only thing i noticed was I stopped faster with normal rotors
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

IMO its a good thing im not going to care about your opinion, because its not your money :D - but thanks for sharing. not. IMO i didnt post this up for people to crank their opinions of what they like and dont like - IMO you can either appreciate it or just dont say anything at all - something most of us learned in kindergarten. ja?

so anyway - i did some reconfiguring on the interior and changed the accents to silver to match the rims - again. plus the new DVD headunit was all silver and the shift knob and and and - so it was a no brainer

i also rearranged the neon and bought a longer tube for the rear deck - so i could take the 2 smaller tubes originally back there and bring them up front - one under each seat - you can barely see the glow in one of the pics below. i will have to get some night shots - its pretty cool. the rear tube also happens to sit behind the glass on the rear deck - so when you're behind the car - theres this cool glow in the middle of the rear bonnet. pretty cool.

- enjoy - even those IMO PPL

V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

wow man sry I offended you, I wasn't trying to impose or anything I will put it in my notes that you don't like opinions. I understand now your post on this forum is to show off your ride, not get opinions on it ;) o yea and to quote you "IMO you can either appreciate it or just dont say anything at all - something most of us learned in kindergarten." you realize you contradicted yourself right there Ja? ;)
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

as I always say: "to each his own" :D It's all about what you like and it takes guts to post up pics of something you have worked on... there will always be ppl who like and dislike the things you have done... lol so don't come in here and post pics and expect ppl to not state their opinion and then get sarcastic with those who do :roll:

a couple of questions I have: what happened to your temp gauge? and what happened to your hvac cover? you have no icons on it?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Looks good.
I'll withhold my particular opinions/ constructive comments. I'm glad people told me that drilled/ slotted rotors not only don't gain anything, but can be dangerous. They do look cool, though!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

there was and is no reason for someone to come in and state ones opinion about something that has no provocation or reason - especially when it wasnt asked for. ok wonderful you think something is a waste of money - why for what reason post that information on my thread? did i ask for it? - why would i care? thats what i get for expecting some decent respect and manners.i dont go to people's threads and say hey man your car is a waste of money in my opinion. thats just juvenile. constructive criticisms are not opinions - they are statements of judgements as to the merits or faults of things you have investigated, researched or know to be of fact. i can and welcome someone to come and ask - oh, say - what happened to my HVAC panel or whats up with my Gauge? or even better, why would i choose those wheels versus these? even a, hey i dont think that baby puke color accents your car well - why not try s--- creek brown? but to just come and say IMO thats a waste of money - gee, thats real thought provoking. im not offended - it takes much more than that to offend me - its just annoying.

thank you for those who appreciate - and if drilled/slotted rotors were dangerous and ineffective - i seriously doubt that the worlds top car manufacturers would put them on their vehicles - namely ferrari, porsche, mercedes and numerous amount of race cars - i had the wonderful pleasure of working with and for Bob Norwood who has over a hundred land speed records and builds some of the fastest cars on the planet, including a 4000 HP 4 cylinder acura drag car - the man has more engine in his skull than blood - he also uses drilled rotors and carbon fiber ones for that matter too - so im sure there is some validity in drilled and/or slotted rotors. i think a more accurate statement would be that CHEAPLY MADE drilled and/or slotted rotors are dangerous.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The rotors for our cars are drilled/ slotted after casting, which causes them to crack microscopically after getting hot. The high end ones you mentioned are cast that way, making them more structurally sound. You can do a search, if interested.

Long ago, when I started posting here, I got offended the same way you did. But, realized that, like life, conversation goes unexpected ways. You can check, and find there are 1,000s of posts on here where people offer their opinions, without provocation. This is a discussion forum. We're LUCKY that people don't flame here like every other forum I've seen. No one on here is malicious. People are more careful with their words in the "Worklogs" forum, so if you don't want any discussion, just props, put it up there.

Just about EVERY car on here has something I would change, and I'm sure there is something about my car that you'd have an opinion on. We're all different. Believe it or not, we're all looking out for eachother, too.

You shoud see what happens when someone posts that they want to cut their springs, or get cheap coilovers!
Again, it looks good. Keep it up!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey zzzoomx3 you really need to learn to say whats on your mind. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

LOL _ thanks Jess - but again - i was not offended - please dont misunderstand this - i was merely annoyed. big difference. and its cool that we all look out for each other - thats what these forums are for. and i already know the difference between the rotors - thats why i made the statement i did about them - so a search on my part would be redundant and pointless. :) i've been turning wrenches since i could pick one up and have been lucky to work with some of the best in the field of exotic and high end racing machines, believe me - i've worked on cars that i still cant believe were so awesome and for some famous folks too - such as John Carmack and John Romero of DOOM fame. they were regulars of Norwoods and i was there when they bought their very, very first Ferraris from Norwood and got to know them quite well - talk about cool!

thanks everyone for the kudos - i truly appreciate it - the MX3 will be my first attempt at an import show car and i am happy with the start of the project and where its going. I re-arranged the lights - again - tonight - to get more glow in the interior and its just awesome. i'll have to get some good pics when it stops raining. the HVAC panel looks like that - because i made it a victim of an ebay purchase :( - sad but true. i ordered the white HVAC panel - knowing it wasnt true indiglo - i just wanted it to match the gauges - but the panel they sell on ebay is for the elcetronic HVAC controls and NOT the slide type controls - i pointed this out to the seller -but he was just being a d--- about it and refused to listen to the fact that there are 2 different types of HVAC controls and not just 2 different SIZES as he was trying to convince me of. so...if anyone has the elctronic HVAC controls and would like the white faceplate for it -i got one. i am desperately trying to get someone to sell me their indiglo HVAC faceplates that speedhut offered for a group buy - but im not having any luck and speedhut doesnt have anymore nor does it sound like they are interested in making anymore.

the Air/Fuel gauge i'm still trying to figure out - i've tried every wire on my O2 sensors -but it still doesnt work right or something. does anyone know which O2 sensor is the primary? and which wire is the signal wire?
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Yeah man... you really need to cool out a little bit. People are trying to reason with you, and you're going off on big long rants, and doing a whole lot of name-dropping.

I've tried to help you out before by answering questions that you've asked in your threads. But frankly, after reading this thread, you've completely put me off wanting to help you anymore.

Quote:
"IMO slotted n drilled rotors are a waste of money"

The key phrase here is "In My Opinion". This is a discussion forum. Although you may have started this thread, that doesn't mean that others aren't allowed to express their educated opinions. If that's the type of attitude you have, you're using the wrong vehicle here to show off you car. Try using cardomain or something.

As for me, if you decide to retort to my post with some snarky, clever backlash, I will simply ignore you in the future and add you to my foes list.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

what the hell - i wasnt trying to be snooty or anything but cool about it - and just because i 'name drop' doesnt mean anything more than me sharing my cool experiences in life. now you're kinda taking it out of context and making me sound like some kind of a-- - which is totally not what im trying to do and i was done with the whole IMO thing two posts ago and had moved on - so i dont know why you came back like that after my last post - im confused, because im not having an 'attitude' about anything.

my bad if it sounded 'wrong' but i wrote the post with a happy smile on my face and with no ill will mal intent against anyone. i think its just my manner of speaking - doesnt always come out in type as graciously or good humoured as i mean it to. again - my last post was not meant to piss anyone off, diss anyone of their remarks or comments to me, or anything of that nature.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”