Ricer VS Tuner - The Final Frontier

Off-Topic Discussions
inferno94

Re: Ricer VS Tuner - The Final Frontier

Post by inferno94 »

Here's another view point on the definition of a "ricer" http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/ ... ight=ricer

Apparently everything Japanese is.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

the very first post states a ricer is anyone with painted valve covers or anything of that nature...looks like 95% of the people that use this forum are ricers! :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
xxwhiteboyjim22xx

Post by xxwhiteboyjim22xx »

I HAVE A DREAM....THAT ONE DAY WE WILL NOT BE JUDGED BY THE COLOR OF OUR CARS BUT HOW MANY HONDA CIVICS WE CAN BEAT...*pauses for claps*
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I am a Ricer, I have altezzas, painted VC and exaust mani, more DB than HP, and a SOHC.
I don't mean to be, its just that cheap mods are easy.. cheap, and fun... meanwhile an KLZE is like 1200 bucks and a whole days labour to put in (without issues). You could buy a lot of stickers for that....

but I have plans to be a tuner....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

There's a guy at work with a Honda 'Whocares' and he's done the internal paint thing, spoiler, clunky body kit, a couple of stickers and seats with a name on the top. He always parks beside me so next week when I come to work in my new ZE stock looking MX-3 I may give him a liitle show when we leave at the end of the day. Is this wrong?

PS I don't think altezzas are rice.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
se7en

Post by se7en »

come on Ryan, drop in a BPT, and call it a day!

sometimes I wish I had a RS.....oh well, my K8-T seems good enough for now ;)
Last edited by se7en on June 20th, 2008, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

no moola, or access :( just give me 5 years :twisted:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

My bpt has a painted valve cover but its oem paint, does that make me a ricer?
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

inferno94 wrote:My bpt has a painted valve cover but its oem paint, does that make me a ricer?
well now that depends,,did you paint the VC while still on the car :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

tmac4t4 wrote:
inferno94 wrote:My bpt has a painted valve cover but its oem paint, does that make me a ricer?
well now that depends,,did you paint the VC while still on the car :lol: :lol:
Nope it came from the factory painted, people still ask why I chose gunmetal grey though. It sits on a head painted aluminum (by the shop that worked on it).
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

To me "Ricer" as a derrogatory term has very little to do with the car, itself. It's the "look at me" factor. People don't rice their cars because they think it looks good, but because they think others think it looks good.
I've made an observation: Simple people take attention, at any cost (ie, loud, stupid music, shiny objects [dubs]), because they don't know how to EARN it. They like to see people turn to look at their flashy paint, and grotesque add-ons, convincing themselves that the look on the observer's face isn't a scowl. "That dude rolled his eyes 'cause he's jealous!"
"The fast and the furious" made it (unfortunately) seem accesible to have a "cool" car, without effort.
Trasversely, I love it when effort iS put into a car: nice paint, body work, and a good sound system. It's still "look at me", but it's earned.
Everyone wants a little respect in this increasingly "take what you can grab" world, but most are too lazy to earn it.

Do what You like, and do it as if you were one of those famous people who could do anything, and have evryone around say it's great.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

well put jesse,,but i gotta say ive known a couple guys that had nice rides, with custom body kits, full out sound systems and the works,,yet they were too imcompitant to check their oil or replace an air filter,,its unfortunate in this day and age that money can buy you anything, except brains
ImageImageImageImage
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

here's some rice and the sad part is - its an american car, a NEON - now forgive me if i offend someone - but i cant help the facts of life - this car belonged to a hispanic dude and those guys are notorious for making some of the most God awful, stupidest looking cars ever - i would rank them up there with the Filipinos and Taiwanese.

complete with bodykit and standard useless airvents on the side - because you know they provide so much cooling to that TURBO engine he's got in there.

the turbo badge - for his rocking neon turbo...LOL

whats even funnier is when they wanna race me in the their 4 banger hondas that look just as bad as some of those car in the UGLY CARS post...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ricer is nice, we all get on board when someone posts their newly painted, newly accessorized ride. That's great but when the rubber meets the asphalt it's the technical that matters. We've all had problems and me a newbe, I've got my share so it's the technical in the end that keeps us coming back (IMO). Lets not lose sight of the help factor that this site is all about and for god sake lets figure out whats wrong with my ZE install. Tounge firmly in cheek. Dan
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I just noticed... Make sure your air freshener is JDM. The ECU probably doesn't recognize it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Off-Topic”