B6de turbo(in progress)

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Tanner_gr

B6de turbo(in progress)

Post by Tanner_gr »

i decided to turbo the B6-DE because i couldn't find a decent bpt to swap and the motor was in top shape.
Some details

garrett TB02
custom exhaust manifold
fmic 50x10x5
dp 50mm and exhaust with 2 resonators
compression ratio 8,2 using 2 metal gaskets
simota cone filter,custom ic piping, braided oil and water turbo lines
323 gt-x 330cc injectors
denso iridium sparkplugs
E-manage blue with map sensor, oxygen clamp
Innovate lc-1 wideband,boost and oil temp gauge,turbo timer.
F series transmission with exedy clutch
Blocked EGR, removed PRC solenoids, VICS and all their useless vacuum lines

We're not finished tuning it but it's working at 12 psi.

Here are the pics.

but damn i can't find nowhere info about my turbine such as maximum boost,maximum hp production etc. any thoughts?????
the other think is with the management,the stock ecu is correcting all the time so i change the em settings all the time,i am thinking about megasquirt.
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: B6de turbo(in progress)

Post by shameem »

I would "strongly" suggest using an air filter to avoid damage to MAF/Turbo/engine....
Tanner_gr

Post by Tanner_gr »

if you read my post i say that i am using a cone filter
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Oops my bad - i glanced at the picture and there wasnt even room for a wire mesh filter so i assumed... my mistake.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Tanner_gr wrote:i change the em settings all the time
the EM is still just a piggy back system that im not going to get into (because i am bias about any form of piggy back system) ur better off with a MS-II because it eliminates the ecu, wiring harness, vaf u would like that and any type of unless oem BS that is not needed.. other think differently but i don't care what they have to say.. with MS-II u have direct control on fuel maps and timing and with MS-II it offers tons of help on DIY tunning and install on its website.

I prefer electromotive but MS is cheaper..

i know im going to hear about this post FI..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Your ride looks clean I just did my T3 set-up and still not done with it. Where did you tap your oil feed line from ?? I removed a screw off the head on the passenger side of the head, but i don't think that was a good idea. And can you give me some hints on your set-up I'm lost on what else i need to do as far as getting rid of things in the engine bay i really don't need. I have pic's if you would like to see. I'm kinda new to the mazda's. I use to be a honda guy. So i'm lost. :wink:
BigFlop

Post by BigFlop »

I'm just wondering if I went and got some 323 pistons if i could put the 2.0 ford probe waste gate, headers, and everything else on my 1.6 dohc, new to engine work I have read a few places that says i can, but i want to know the best way to get some turbo under the hood for the cheapest price. any help would be cool.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Great work! She looks fun as hell. I'm probably about 2 months b4 my ride gets some down time and some work done.

In reply to the 2.0L turbo mani on a 1.6L B6... I don't know jack about the FS (I think that's the code), but I don't think that the exhaust ports will line up.... you know being as tho the engine is .4L larger.
Please try not to go "cheap." You can get great deals but don't expect to get cheap and reliable. Do it right, do your research and don't be afraid to spend a couple thousand.
Tanner_gr

Post by Tanner_gr »

Tanner_gr wrote: damn i can't find nowhere info about my turbine such as maximum boost,maximum hp production etc. any thoughts?????
yiorta

Post by yiorta »

You 'll have to find which TB02 you have!

1.Some partial info for cfm... http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-genera ... sults.html

2.Great info http://www.turbo-product.com/Garrett/
(lots of TB02 :lol: )

The most hp I saw was 130. The amount of pressure is the secret! Widely used in diesel applications.
catlett1982

want to put turbo in a 1.6 dohc turner _gr a little help pl

Post by catlett1982 »

TURNER_GR or anyone else Hi I have a 1.6 dohc its a 95 I want to turbo this engine but don't know where to find pistons to get my compression down or where to get a turbo manifold from to customize mine ... I wld like to know what u did to urs to get the engine ready for such boost like pistons and valves and where u got them and that manifold . Also what's ur top speed now and wld u say its pretty quick ????
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

catlett1982 wrote:TURNER_GR or anyone else Hi I have a 1.6 dohc its a 95 I want to turbo this engine but don't know where to find pistons to get my compression down or where to get a turbo manifold from to customize mine ... I wld like to know what u did to urs to get the engine ready for such boost like pistons and valves and where u got them and that manifold . Also what's ur top speed now and wld u say its pretty quick ????
Kind of a rude way to start off. If you read the very first post you'll find out how the compression was dealt with. There are many turbo b6's out there, everyone different. It's best to do your search first. Find out what your goals are and go from there. You can do the "simple" bolt on turbo set up, or go custom like you see above. Read the faqs, everything you need to get you started will be there. Most people do not change out the valves. Pistons can be found on google etc (if you need them). The mani could be hard to find, so I'll give you a had with that. ETD racing is once source. You need to know what turbo you are going to run b4 hand.
Goals are a very important place to start.
Tanner_gr

Re: want to put turbo in a 1.6 dohc turner _gr a little help pl

Post by Tanner_gr »

catlett1982 wrote:TURNER_GR or anyone else ...
Tina Turner? :D lol dude u r so funny
catlett1982

Post by catlett1982 »

lol sorry i was on my cell when i posted that and my keys are to close together , really sorry bout that for real
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

I'm also building a B6 turbo set up. I bought a Ms2 and bin playing around with it for a good 2 months I strongly recomand it and if you get it and get it all tuned in make sure to post your maps on here to compare with other maps and results.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Forced Induction”