going to the drag strip tonight yayaya

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Custommx3 wrote:Well, I believe he was using 14" wheels...

And the 626 tranny wont slow you down.. its the 5th gear thats different :), and hopefully you dont ever get to 5th...
yes I was using the 14" wheels (big mistake) but I have read/heard on the board that the final gear (5th) affects the rest of the gears in the tranny? so the mx-3 having a more agressive 5th would make the whole tranny accelerate faster over the 626 tranny? can someone confirm this?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

but I have read/heard on the board that the final gear (5th) affects the rest of the gears in the tranny?
I cant confirm this.. I can say that my Gut thinks its BS. The only things I can think of that would affect all gears would be tire/wheel size and gearing in the LSD (differential). Now it may be possible that the gearing in the 626 differential is different than the stock MX-3 5spd differential. I dont have those specs to refer to.. maybe someone else has some more info on that or maybe your local mazda dealership can look that info up for you. But unless I am missing something (possible, since I am not really a tranny guy) I dont think that is the case.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

mx3autozam wrote:
hgallegos915 wrote:get yourself some 15 inch rims :D 17s hurt alot.
he actually ran 14's but anyways I would still say run 15's The 14's I think are a little to small and would cause too much wheel spin, Only situation i would use a 14" wheel is with slicks.

get some 14in miata rims slap some drag radials..

u won't have a wheel spin issue..

i have a set of these and set of 15in gs rims on slicks..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: going to the drag strip tonight yayaya

Post by Mooneggs »

Just to let everyone know, they have started airing the episodes of Pass Time on the SPEED channel. My debut should be coming on soon!

And by the looks of it, they are showing everyone who races because a few of the times have been bad - like mine :roll:
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

for those of us that dont get the SPEED channel could you post it on youtube or something?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah I really don't know how I can get it from my DVR to a computer... I have been taping all the episodes...

does anyone know how to do that?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My buddy does it, but I'm illiterate when it comes to computers. If you don't figure it out by the time you get here, I'll have him show you. I'll ask him next time we hang out, and if I get it, I'll post it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

who the heck got in the 10s on the second time sheet i think and do u know when it comes on so i can tell my freind to watch, he thinks mx3 are the biggest POS in the world :evil: , but i can beat his truck so yeaaaa,
marcdh

Re:

Post by marcdh »

Mooneggs wrote:I ran a 17.24 at 93.78 :shock: :oops:
lol that's exactly what would happen to me! At least you and your car are in one piece :) Nice one on getting on tv tho :D
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah but at least my trap speed was normal, that proves my car COULD do better than a 17.2 you know? I failed but not really haha
comish71

Post by comish71 »

Mooneggs wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:Well, I believe he was using 14" wheels...

And the 626 tranny wont slow you down.. its the 5th gear thats different :), and hopefully you dont ever get to 5th...

yes I was using the 14" wheels (big mistake) but I have read/heard on the board that the final gear (5th) affects the rest of the gears in the tranny? so the mx-3 having a more agressive 5th would make the whole tranny accelerate faster over the 626 tranny? can someone confirm this?
by final gear do you mean 5th gear or the final drive gear ratio on the differential? I thought that the only difference between the mx-3 and mx-6 trannies was the final drive gear ratio which is either 4.10 or 4.11 in the mx-6 and 4.38 i think in the mx-3. this will affect overall acceleration in all gears. slower acceleration with the mx-6 tranny but faster topend speed.
1993 MX-3, KLZE, HOTSHOT HEADERS, CUSTOM EXHAUST WITH WALKER QUIETFLOW, K&N INTAKE, DIGITAL 6, QUAIFE LSD, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, CLUTCHMASTER STAGE 3, GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS
14.32 @ 95.4mph
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well I finally got videos posted of my runs... these were shot by my girlfriend. I don't have cable TV anymore so somebody tell me if they see me on Pass Times!!!

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 2ndRun.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 3rdRun.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 4thRun.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

nice pull's moon ...
i cant wait to get my car with some new parts, and tape my car ... only this time with my camera and and tripod :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”