looking for dohc ecu wiring diagram

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
lazzer408

Re: looking for dohc ecu wiring diagram

Post by lazzer408 »

I have one guy I'm going to ask for you. He's a shop owner with "every everything for anything" and knows connections. Want an oem bolt for a Model-T? He'd find it. lol
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Thank you very much. I'd really love to get the f/ic installed before adding/ removing anything.

I've got some guys looking in on it here in Calgary as well. I just hate seeing all these parts sitting around collecting dust.
lazzer408

Post by lazzer408 »

n/p. Your the official guinea pig now. ;) You can help me when I get mine. =)
Bax

Post by Bax »

I helped my friend wire the emanage blue to his 96 mx3 (1.6 dohc) and had the same problem. 3 plug ecu... I sourced the 95-98 protege BH (323) manual and there was it... everything was the same. Pinouts of the z5 and the bp motor ecu of 2nd gen protege is the same with the b6de engine... I found the manual at emule.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Bax wrote:I helped my friend wire the emanage blue to his 96 mx3 (1.6 dohc) and had the same problem. 3 plug ecu... I sourced the 95-98 protege BH (323) manual and there was it... everything was the same. Pinouts of the z5 and the bp motor ecu of 2nd gen protege is the same with the b6de engine... I found the manual at emule.
I knew it dind't make any sense to only have an ecu made for just one year. Just wondering if you can give me some confirmation if this would be the same manual:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-1996-Mazda-Prote ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or, if you can help me out with some of the pinouts you use... that would be f'n sweet.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Please be advised - the Z5 and BP have subtle differences in pinouts - they also differ by years (i.e.) 95 BP is different from 98 BP etc.....

These diagrams are for a 98 BP auto -

RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Holy Crap.. I think I've got it.

First off, thank you once again Shameem. I combined the F/IC install schematics for a 96-97 miata (posted by AEM) And verified the pinouts with the 98 diagrams posted above. I'm not all done just yet, but it's probably just a matter of another hour or 2. One thing that I may have found is that the 96 does infact have a crank sensor. the ecu positions and even colours (this time) are correct. Will keep you guys posted. (may be a day or 2 before I finish... Damn night shift)

EDIT: Forgot to ask a simple question here:
The 2 wires used for the crank are shielded... I have to cut and intercept with them.. so, would it be a good idea to keep the braid (or whatever is used for a ground) intact? Just remove the center conductor and heat shrink the hell out of it?
lazzer408

Post by lazzer408 »

Hows this comming? You get that fic wired up yet? I'd like to know how well it works at eliminating the maf.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Yes and no. It's wired up, but I'm still waiting on my injectors. I'm just running a 0 map and pretty much stock set up. AEM came out with a new version that I have to DL and reflash. It's supposed to have timing and injection wizzards... Which would be good for a first time tuner like myself.

Sorry, I expected this to be done as well. :cry:
lazzer408

Post by lazzer408 »

Hey RS. I finally got the FIC for my MX3. Did yuo run into any issues I need to watch for?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

No, it took a little time but was pretty str8 forward. I have yet to DL the latest software (which damn near self tunes for you) I have not installed my MAF to the FIC yet either. I am still waiting for my buddy to get off his a$$ and finish my welding... So I don't know if I want my MAF in line with my intercooler pipe or just inlet to turbo. I'll see If I can get a pic of my placement for you.
lazzer408

Post by lazzer408 »

I'm fairly sure you can eliminate the maf with the fic. I'll let you know.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I believe you can by adding an external map. You still need an input for base your tuning off of. TPS sounds doable, but I'm not sure how accute it will be. It sounds like the ideal set up with the miata is to put an inline 1K resistor on the output of the fic and tune to +10->15% for the maf map. I'n not too sure tho. I've not really had the time or ambition in the last little while.
lazzer408

Post by lazzer408 »

My Miata runs then EMS. Love it. :D The FIC is already being a pain in the a-- and it's not even in the car.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”