changed ecu

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
maryus

changed ecu

Post by maryus »

I changed today the ecu with KF-15 one . All great , but i have some issues at iddle ;

1. First thing i noticed , before i turn to start when you have the lights on the dash , the engine chek is not lighting.

2. the engine seems to .. shake when iddle at normal,then when i rev and let the acceleration when it drops to 1k it stays a little bit then drops down but it makes like a kangoroo till it calibrates ..

3. Around the right engine bay there is a buzzz its like electricity at high voltage lol .. :)

4. When i shift in first gear the RPM drops very LOW , instead of increasing to 1k .. i think if i dont put gas the engine dies.

5.The gas smell changed , comes some strange smell inside the car lol.

----------------------------------------
Pro:
1. The only thing ive noticed is shifting .. became much easier to syncronize the rpm when shifting , with the K8 ecu rpm dropeed so fast that it was hard to have same rpm when shifting.. with this one woow !

2. I was not sure but engine pulls better, right now is some snow with salts on the roads , i cannot check anything .

3. Engine sounds better , exhaust also.
----------------------------------------

I am sure i can make it be good , it will run like a charm .. but what is the problem ?

why it decrease rpm when shifting ? i cannot let her alone cause it will stall> with the other ecu if i let her alone it was going with almost 1k in second gear..

I think the ignition wires has to be changed ... :\
The timing belt ?

what else could cause this ? please guys i want to finish it this evening :\ thank you , youre the best!
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: changed ecu

Post by Mnemonic »

1. First thing i noticed , before i turn to start when you have the lights on the dash , the engine chek is not lighting.

jspec ecus such as kf and klze ecus do not have check engine lights so you wont see it

2. the engine seems to .. shake when iddle at normal,then when i rev and let the acceleration when it drops to 1k it stays a little bit then drops down but it makes like a kangoroo till it calibrates ..

both my kf and klzes did this, but it shouldn't shake roughly, your tps and timing might be slightly off

3. Around the right engine bay there is a buzzz its like electricity at high voltage lol .. :)

on the right is where all your main fuse boxes are try and verify exactly where

4. When i shift in first gear the RPM drops very LOW , instead of increasing to 1k .. i think if i dont put gas the engine dies.
Sounds llike your tps throttle position sensor isn't set correctly

5.The gas smell changed , comes some strange smell inside the car lol.

gas as in fuel?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

First off we cant help if you dont tell us what set up you have? klze, klde, k8 which ecu, which maf, what year the car is.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i thought his setup was rather obvious seeing how its in his signature, 2.0 kfze 92 mx-3 kf15 ecu wtih a je50
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

haha sorry!! didn't see that my bad!
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

all good :wink:

maryus

Post by maryus »

OK after tries and tries of setting th TPS and IAC i did not had a positive result, and now it seems the ISC is not working , the warm-up does not exist now. Could be that the TPS is not in the good position ?

tx
maryus

Post by maryus »

yeah .... tried again , this time i was not able to even crank the engine .

At one moment i tried to fix the TPS , all good but after i shut off the ignition and then took out the wires from the GND and TEN , and tried to start the car i heard one one noise like the fan but nothing would start and all the lights on the dash would dissaoear and i hear a distorted sound instead of beep beep beep. after i try again to switch to 3rd position, i hear only distorted sounds and lights coming very weak on the dash and relays sounds all over includig the ecu fuses in the engine bay and main fuse box ... its JUST crazy !! I DID nothing i left the wires and TPS like that , i disconnected the battery and put again the K8 ECU .. it started fine ! its running good. but to much smeel of gas unburn .

what can cause this misunderstanding between KF-15 and my car ?

sometimes it would come back the connections , the radio and the lights and sound would be ok but when i wanted to crank everything went down... and it would not come back functional to easy !.. i even tried with the TPS not so close to the come in fan position so it was imposible it will want to start the fan when i crank cause thats why it did not start yesterday same issues but after i moved the tps it started. DO i have some short ?

i will try to play with them more ... but eventually im very sick of it and im loosing my hope soon and i would sell it damn

what are the symptoms if i dont have a KF engine and i put a KF-15 on a K8 .. just asking. :) in this moment im not sure of anything i have on that car lol

thx for all the help.
maryus

Post by maryus »

It was some bad ground and air leaks in the intake system.
se7en

Post by se7en »

so, does it work now then?

did you set the tps as per the online manual? It is very important to set it right. even if it is close, it will run poorly.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
maryus

Post by maryus »

well , i set the TPS by the hand ,at first Mnemonic helped me with instructions but it didnt work good :) ,though he was right. Somebody here have post a nice tutorial doing it manually , it was great, i printed like 2 copies and i went to fix it.

Ok , so after i set the rpm in diag mode, it was like at 400 , then when i started normal , the idle was perfect , i was wow , nice job , BUT my screw on IAC was far more then 3 turns :) i could hear the air flow. so after i rev the engine a little bit at 3k i noticed the normal idle has increased to 1k and i rev again till it reached finally 1.4k .. i was crap not good.
Then i set diag mode again and closed the IAC screw till it reached 1.5 turns open. it was ok , but just as a precaution i set it to two turns. STILL , the car was shaking bad at normal idle, i didnt know what to do animore , the TPS i set it as good as i could like in that point where the fan comes on and cuts off... FINALLY i taped more the elbow... and yeah that did it . car runs now very nice , but i was surprised why k8 ecu did not realized the air leak in the elbow ...

recently i did 9.32 L/100 km , mostly city driving,and in all RPM ranges , which im satisfied .

I want to record a video of 0-100 mph soon .
[EDIT]
PS: it was jschrauwen in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38542&hilit=order+ ... n+and+grnd

Do you know guys if the TPS has an impact on the tranny ? i mean is it possible if its set improper to have bad speed at some give RPM ?

I go now at 100km/h with at around 3k, slight above .like 1-2 mm ... i dont know why i always knew it was lower :) Im doing 0-100 mph in the 4th gear i heard ppl doing it in 3rd with a k8 engine .. really weird

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”