new injector problem....

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
se7en

new injector problem....

Post by se7en »

I bought the 220 cc injectors and rails, and I changed them.

now it is really rich at idle, and stumbles until boost comes on.

should I have left the k8 regulator on? or is the probegt regulator okay?

otherwise, what could my problem be??? I double checked all vacuum lines, and it all seems ok.

at idle, my A/F ratio is 10:1

before the change it was 14.7:1

please help!!!
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
XxantwawnxX

Re: new injector problem....

Post by XxantwawnxX »

im assuming your still using an FMU? 12:1? You really need a way to control ur fuel usage (standalone) to get the results u want. Maybe switch to the k8 FPR but im not sure if that will do it. Cant hurt to try.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
se7en

Post by se7en »

okay, I tried the k8 regulator, but still no go.(exactly the same symptoms)

the current symptoms are:

idling rough when cold, and not idling at all when warm.(dies when you let off the gas)
Also has a stumble at about 3500-3800rpms when warm, and at almost all rpms below 4000rpm when cold.

after 4000rpms, the engine really responds well. no problems at all.

what the heck could I have wrecked when I changed my injectors?

could i have knocked off the knock sensor or something? is it in the way of the injectors coming out? everything went together and came apart no problem, no snags or anything.

what the heck. I hate it when my baby is sick :(

any other ideas XxantwawnxX? anyone else?

ps, I know that it should run better than this because k8boosted had this setup before, and he didn't complain of these symptoms.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
se7en

Post by se7en »

I have an idea, what if I put on a adjustable fuel pressure regulator... and turned down the fuel pressure at idle? kinda seems like it is way rich down low without boost, and under boost it is awesome. when running the FMU(I know, I know...) it will bring up the fuel pressure for me. then maybe it will be a good crutch fix until I get my MSnS.

what do you all think?

EDIT: okay, I messed with vacuum lines, and now when it is warm, it runs great except at idle. it won't idle at all. I tried to raise the idle with the screw on the top of the TB, but nothing happens, it doesn't respond at all.

is there another adjustment screw that can raise the idle speed? is something else causing it?

it is at 10:1 at really low idle when it does stay running.

oh yeah, would a Afpr help maybe?
My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

welcome to the club!!!

my idle af when the computer is in cold mode is at 10 af, also when its warmed up its at 12.. yes 12!

ok to get it leaner.. you need to lower the pressure to like 15 psi or the most lean you can make it.

when you hit boost the fmu will compesante and get you in the right afs.

even 13 af under boost is NOT acceptable. you will detonate even if u cant hear it.

better to run rich than lean. Only way to succesfully control these injectors is megasquirt.

wow im glad u are going the right way, at least now u wont detonate!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

220 CC on a Boosted engine!! them are tiny!!
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

220 cc are not the millenia injectors?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

nah, 280cc is millenia s.

220 are probe, and plenty big for my k8.

stays way rich up to 15psi and 7000rpm.

hey hec, how do you hook up your afpr?

thanks

My Feedback

Return to “Forced Induction”