I'm tired of thieves... :(

Off-Topic Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Heh.. with my old nova.. in a parking garage at seatac airport.. 1 good rev set off 10+ car alarms LMAO ahhh.. those were the days ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Volones

Post by Volones »

Check this out...
I was in a Change of Command ceremony back in the day. We had a C-130 flyover as part of the ceremony. Five C-130s came over 500ft off the deck, and triggered every car alarm within 1/4 mile of the parade grounds. :D Definitely worth the price of admission!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

lol.. well i wouldnt say mine is super tweaked... it'll give that one chirp if a fart can rolls by. but i swear there's this one riced out civic in the neighborhood that sets it off every freakin time.

still... never had my glass smashed yet. *knocks on wood*
steckino

Post by steckino »

I feel so bad for you mooneggs... :(

I hope everything gets back to what it was before. I hope someone catches that bastard in the act.
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
1995 Mazda MX3 B6D (parts car)
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i know what its like, I have personally never had anything of mine broken into but my brother had a hit and run. He had parked his car outside of his buddies house and when he came back out a half hour later it was smashed in from the back, axel was fucked and everything. The guy that must have hit it was probably going over 100 in a 40 residential zone. heres a pic.

its a good thing we convinced my brother to get full coverage. It was proven not to be his fault and dint have to pay a cent and the repairs were done at the pontiac dealership. oh and it got a free paintjob as well.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
matt753

Post by matt753 »

I think these LED scanners may be some of the best deterrents out there: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-LED ... QQtcZphoto
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

matt753 wrote:I think these LED scanners may be some of the best deterrents out there: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-LED ... QQtcZphoto
Haha, I used to have one, one for $10 on ebay like 4 years ago, it was falling apart and it fell apart totally a few months ago when an autox inspector thought it was something loose and be pulled on it, but I really should get another one. Although I've been told people have, I dont directly know anyone who have had their car broken into who have an alarm (and was was enabled)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fromtornashes

Post by fromtornashes »

that sucks sorry to hear that
RIP Matt
NorCalMX3

Re: I'm tired of thieves... :(

Post by NorCalMX3 »

gah... funny i should run across this thread... last night in berkeley (bay area), i got my CD player stolen. the guy used a wire to open the lock so he didn't break anything... even the middle dash thingy was untouched... my ipod got shafted too :(

1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I just park it next to the Crown Vic with the Police Interceptor badge at the apartment complex...oddly enough, nothing ever happens there...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

thieves are retarded

Post by Mooneggs »

at least they didn't rip all the plastic pieces off... funny when they stole mine my radio wasn't even locked into place and they still ripped the plastic off when all they had to do was slide it out.... :x
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

well I'm super bummed again... I forgot to lock my door on the DD last night and it just figures somebody would go in and freaking steal my entire a-pillar with the 3 gauge pod that contained 2 cobalt autometer gauges and a shift light... man I am so pissed....

I am losing my faith in humanity... why can't people just leave me alone... 3rd time that I have been broken into/stolen from...
I am thankful that no more damage was done like a broken window or stealing anything else... I'm just so freaking tired of having this happen to me :crying: :crying:

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh man!
If you want, we can do a stakeout some night. I'll bring my car, and leave it unlocked, and watch it. You need to get a silent alarm, and baseball bat (Aluminum, for the satisfying TING sound).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Wow that's shitty. I always bump around town, but I always say my yellow hood is a theft deterrent. When I worked at Target and this guys truck got broken into a few spaces from mine I showed him my two subs and he was all "I would have never guessed anything was in here". The funny part is that I rarely take the face off of the head unit unless I'm in "shady" areas.

Moral of the story: People don't want to steal from two-tone cars. When I get it painted, though, I'm in trouble.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Wow some of you guys have screwed up stories. My parents forgot to lock their car once and let it sit overnight, they came back the next morning and everything seemed fine, except their 20+ Ukrainian music CD's were stolen. Who the hell needs that anyway? It's just ridiculous. Then there was another time when they left another car unlocked and someone stole all the insurance/registration papers, nothing else. Someone found them the next day on the sidewalk a few blocks away. I live like 2 blocks away form a high school so we get alot of idiots walking around.

And my car was a pretty good theft deterrent too, the paint job is all chipped and faded, there's holes in the hatch covered in silicone from someone failing in installing a spoiler, and my deck is the cheapest thing I've ever seen, it's an old Jensen deck with the buttons so faded that I don't know what half of them even do, and the windows are tinted to hell, especially the back window. Nobody would guess that I have MB Quart speakers in the front running off a separate amp and 2 10" subs running off a really nice Sony amp. I never take off my faceplate because then people would always assume I have something better because honestly, there really isn't anything worse than my deck. :lol:
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “Off-Topic”