KL96 KLB6 ECU?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Audessy

KL96 KLB6 ECU?

Post by Audessy »

Apparently these are taken from Eunos 800's with KLZE's. Any Idea if these will work? The guy tells me it's a rare ECU and it works in a Probe GT. I checked with the forums first and someone mentioned something about it but they weren't clear on if it works. Think it's just for an Automatic and will work fine? Could be out of a new model.

KL96 or KLB6.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I dont think it will work .... I dont know why but I think it was tried in a mx-3....

Check out this link..

not a lot of help but it is something..

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... light=kl96
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

No the Eunos 800 aka Millenia has a MAF, and not a VAF. therefore nits pretty much totally different and won't work. in our cars.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

*Bows to mx3autozam*

Thank you!!!

You saved me a 100 dollar "WOOPS!"

So I guess I'm going to try one of those chips you have to solder into the ecu. I figured that might be better than dealing with a probinator.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Whats wrong with probinator? I have been using mine since i first had my ze and it runs good.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:Whats wrong with probinator? I have been using mine since i first had my ze and it runs good.
I have a probinator and it works good. But I still think a kl31 ecu would be better.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Audessy wrote: So I guess I'm going to try one of those chips you have to solder into the ecu. I figured that might be better than dealing with a probinator.
Uhh...that's what a probinator is - a chip that you solder in.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Some other people are claiming a k02 vaf with the k05 ecu is the best option for our engines (klze)
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

I talked with the guy from probinator and he said the results for mx-3's often turn out bad. You sure? The chip I'm soldering in is NOT from probinator. The probinator I've seen is an entire ECU that has been flashed. Also, I have a 92 GS. I heard the 92's are just a little different in some ways. But then again, maybe it's just B.S.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I got a Probinator chip in my car and it runs perfect even better than any ECU/VAF combo and I've used all combos. You might have a problem with getting it done on your '92 ECU though. I didnt have that problem cause my MX is a '93.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

What the probinator deal is is that you send him ur ECU and he puts a socket in it and puts a new chip in it. You can buy the chip from him but its only abit more for him to do it. Hes a pretty good guy. I had him chip the ECU from my dead se in hopes to go ZE one day.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

See that's what I'm talking about. What problem am I going to run into with my 92. Everyone says they're a little different but no one explains why.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I think some of the earlier models use a slightly different ECU, which Probinator cannot chip, since his chips are designed for Probe GT. If you send him your chip number, he'll be able to tell you if it can be done or not.

I'd be weary of non-Probinator chips, since they haven't been tested much and who knows what they do or where they come from. Probinator chips have been proven to perform well.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Whisper wrote:I think some of the earlier models use a slightly different ECU, which Probinator cannot chip, since his chips are designed for Probe GT. If you send him your chip number, he'll be able to tell you if it can be done or not.
Well, that's been pretty much gathered is that the early 92 ECU's use a full-length PCB board on the top, while the later 92's and up use a 2/3 length. My original ECU from my Mx-3 was the full length, but I got an ECU off of eBay for $15, that was 2/3 length, I chipped it with a probinator and it worked. If that's true or not, we're not sure, but it seems to hold true; so basically if you pop off the top cover and the PCB board right on top there doesn't span the whole length, than it should be chippable. Ideally you want to get the # off the chip and ask the Probinator guy, he'll let you know, but so far so good on the rule of thumb.

As well, why risk getting an unknown chip when you know that a tried-and-true solution works.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

K, how do I get ahold of this probinator guy? I can't seem to find it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”