afpr

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PWRD_BY_HKS

afpr

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Okay so quick question.

On the one I bought the adapter which is like a back plate sort off gas a nipple on one side which goes to a hose that goes to the actual afpr. But on the other side of the plate its flat as a wall and the stock has a nipple that goes into the fuel rail. Andy said to just buy an o ring and that would do it. Just needed to know how you guys did it or what you used. Thanks.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
andy

Post by andy »

Mine came with 2 different adapters. One like you described, flat on one side and a nipple on the other side. The second one was very similar to the first accept the flat side had a groove for the o ring.
The flat one without the groove will not seal at all.

sorry your kit did not come with the second one.
you will have to improvise.

Andy
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

you could always go for the direct fit one by mbx http://www.mbxmotorsports.net/store.htm
andy

Post by andy »

that would work but you'd still need a threaded nipple.
not to mention the cost of that adapter is more than my whole AFPR kit.

Andy
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Mine came with the one that has a grove
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I used the stock o ring from our stock fuel pressure regulator. works pretty well.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Heres the pic you requested.

It came with my afpr so i dont know where he got it.. I know mnewmonic or someone has it posted somewhere.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Forced Induction”