So I just bought

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Everdein

So I just bought

Post by Everdein »

I just bought a mx-3.
It's my first car and I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible to turn this car into something special.
I've driven it for a few days now and I love it.

:bump:
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Congrats :D

Is it a 4-banger or a V6?
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Kind of a general question. You can do whatever you put your mind to. :werd:
Everdein

Post by Everdein »

Well I was just curious if that ment it was going out or not.
I'ts a 4 banger.

Im thinking about swapping out the engine for the v6 but im not entirely sure yet.
Everdein

Post by Everdein »

What I ment by if it was going out or not is...

My clutch grabs really late.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Best advice I can give you right now is to read through the FAQ's. There is a goldmine of information there.

BP swap is most appropriate for a 4 cyl, v6 swap is a lot of work, and would be made more managable with a v6 donor car.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

another rookie aww the joys of answering the same ?'s all over again...

Let the reputation begin.. LOL.. im not trying to be smart U guys no what i mean..

but the big ? is what year MX-3 is it u have give us more info.. or how will we ever help u out..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

I can read minds... :twisted:
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

umcamar1 wrote:I can read minds... :twisted:
I know what ya mean so can I LOL.. :idea:
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

swap a bp-t into it and mod the suspension really nicely.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

screw the BPT its so overrated..
Everdein

Post by Everdein »

It's a 1992.

(Im RLY newb at cars.)
On a mission to learn as much as possible.
For instance not really sure what bp means. :(
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

READ THE FAQ'S
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new ride. 5spd I hope? ;) The BP is a type of mazda engine, has a bit more power than the stock B6 SOHC thats in your car now. The B6 is a 1.6L engine while the BP is a 1.8L. There are other differences as well but you get the idea. You will find a variety of information on this site.. everything from making your car look nice to making it go fast to making it handle better. The search function will save lots of time.. its located near the top of the page inbetween the white bullets with all the other red colored titles. On the MX-3.com homepage itself.. you will find out all the production information about the car you could want to know as well as a Online Shop Manual. You will find tons of useful information in the shop manual.. but it will come up a bit short for you in some cases since it is for a 95 model year and yours in a 92. There arent that many differences.. but there are some. On e-bay you can often find manuals specific to your model year... just have to be patient and ready to buy when they appear. If you plan to do a lot to your car.. they are an invaluable source of information and well worth having.

Your clutch pedal can likely be adjusted. You will find information on how to adjust it in the online shop manual. Look in the left column on the MX-3.com homepage.

Cheers and welcome aboard.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Everdein

Post by Everdein »

:shock:
Lots of information.
I appretiate everyones help.
I did look at the FAQ's and I didn't see anything about cars it was all about website information.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”