manifold does not bolt up help!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PWRD_BY_HKS

manifold does not bolt up help!

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

So I'm doing it now but the manifold does not really bolt up. The turbo up pipe is siposed to go under or on top or how does it go through the the rail that supports front motor mount please help !
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

the crossmember has to be modified on some pipes.. have to cut it and modify it in a way so it clears the piping..
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Do you by any chance have a picture.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

theres one on this forum ill see if i can find it
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

My modded next to my unmodded.

And here are some other peoples designs

Last edited by XxantwawnxX on August 31st, 2007, 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

LOL i was just posting the link up to ur thread ant
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

fieromx3 wrote:LOL i was just posting the link up to ur thread ant
<3

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

What about for the down pipe is that gonna get in the way or what
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Or does it also go under the cross member
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

u can see how the down pipe runs in the last pic.

PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Is the down pipe supposed to sit really close to the distribuitor. Can you guys show me some pics on how you did your intercooler piping I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get back to the TB. Thanks
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ya should bea really close if U dont mod the pipes. They have some stuff you can use to coat the disty to protect it from heat. Check out the turbo probes on probetalk. And the red turbo mx3 here.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:Is the down pipe supposed to sit really close to the distribuitor. Can you guys show me some pics on how you did your intercooler piping I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get back to the TB. Thanks
This is how close my pipe is to the disty. Never even came close to melting.

And using all 3 pics u can kinda see how i ran my inter cooler.
This is how i ran it when i had the old intercooler.

And this is the NEW intercooler but it pretty much run the same way..just hacked the pipes shorter.

fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

its is a wise idea anyway to invest in a roll of DEI header wrap.. just wrap ur downpipe to protect ur disty from heat
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

XxantwawnxX wrote:And using all 3 pics u can kinda see how i ran my inter cooler. This is how i ran it when i had the old intercooler.
Wow, are those zip tie intercoolers pretty awesome? :lol:
No more MX-3.

Return to “Forced Induction”