BOV + MAF

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

When i installed the turbo, the MAf was afer the air filter, before the turbo. The hallmeter was always showing rich mixture, and it was difficult to tune. I decided to search google and i found lots of Turboed ars with blowthrough MAf systems. Than i decided to place my MAf after the Intercooler, after the BOV, and it worked fine, now my ECu can adjust the air/fuel ratio exctly with the air that will be used, instead of the air that was released by the bov, and the MAf now is 10 inches to the TB, i believe that since it is a MASS sensor, it can sense all the air molecules that hits the hot wire, since heat transfer happens through molecules, under pressure you get more dense air, more molecules, and i believe that the MAF can work as it was supposed to.

http://www.google.com.br/search?hl=pt-B ... af&spell=1
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Wow never knew one question could get so many replys :lol: . Im reverting back to my turbo setup and noticed someone on this fourm had their maf mounted after the bov in front of the TB. Said it worked great and no problems with idle drop. Also noted been using it for over 2 years like that. Im thinking of trying it.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

OMG I just read through the posts. You guys are keep saying the same things

MAF AND VAF can be after the turbo
I had my vaf after the turbo in my ze turbo mx-3
my MAF is after my turbo in my 1.8t golf.

I had my set-up like this in my mx-3

filter > turbo > intercooler > bov > vaf > tb (worked like a charm)

this is how it is set-up in my golf

filter > turbo > bov (bypass valve actually returned between turbo and filter) > intercooler > MAF > TB --- (everything is stock minus the bypass valve)

if you run a bov AFTER a VAF or MAF, it WILL run rich unless you compensate somehow.

This is all by experience.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”