01-03 Civic projector fitment *pics*

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
DavidOS

Re: 01-03 Civic projector fitment *pics*

Post by DavidOS »

so whos the first to attempt bmw or audi projectors?
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

it's a little late for that. I've already cut the lense and front housing.... I'm just stuck on the back. Was it a LOT that had to be cut to make the back fit? I'm also looking at finding a way to mount the projectors to the front housing and say the hell with the back... would that be do-able?
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
mx3frik

Post by mx3frik »

Originally posted by DavidOS:
E39 Projectors, done that. But I think the very first to attempts were Aiden and Taras.

Eugene
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Originally posted by Eugene H.:
Originally posted by DavidOS:
E39 Projectors, done that. But I think the very first to attempts were Aiden and Taras.

Eugene
Do the E39 projectors fit?
lots of work?

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
mx3frik

Post by mx3frik »

I took my sweet time and worked on it maybe a few hours a week at most, took me 9 months. Tho I'm in Canada so I don't have to worry about flare switching and such as one would in Europe...

Fitting wise it's pretty easy since our housings are pretty roomy. Making a clear lens and making things cosmetically sound is anohter story, the tear drop shape and the slick curves of our headlights makes it hard to just make clear front covers from lexan sheets and one would need to be a lot handier than me to build a nice custom pod for the projectors.

Pictures will come and maybe a write up if anyone wants one...

It's nice to see the lighting scene getting fuller for mx-3's...when I started looking this forum wasn't even around :)

cheers,

eugene
moejoe21

Post by moejoe21 »

I know this topic is extremely old but I am looking for some clear cut instructions for this conversion. Any major problems that you ran into? And how did the wiring work out?
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

Can i use any 01-03 headlights... I really want to do this...
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

yah you can.
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

mine are coming in on the 25...hope i ge tthem done by sat so i can have them when i do my first quarter mile time since i was boosted.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

good luck with the install, just remeber one word of advice, take it slow, take small cuts at a time cause once you cut to much your screwed and everything will look like junk.

-Lata
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

ryan_Fuerte wrote:good luck with the install, just remeber one word of advice, take it slow, take small cuts at a time cause once you cut to much your screwed and everything will look like junk.

-Lata
Seems i got the same style projectors as you did.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Just take your time doing it. It took me a few hours of cutting and fitting. Remember it's better to tak a little off at a time rather than take too much off and be screwed :wink:

Once I had one side done I just copied the other one basically the same so it went much faster after that. I am going to be undertaking a second set since my first ones have had alot of use and they are in bad shape - things have spilled and stained them and I've hit bugs doing 130+ and it cracked the lexan :crying:

good luck!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I know I'm bringing this post back from the dead, but isn't it kinda disturbing to realize that this thread is based around the headlights I just put in my car?
Cody
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

why is that so disturbing? :confused2:
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

im doing my projectors nextweek. :)...im only worried about the wiring.
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”