Ugh, any ideas on this problem....?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3GiRL95

Ugh, any ideas on this problem....?

Post by MX3GiRL95 »

My car is awesome but it has had this problem for awhile now and it's driving me crazy. Let's see...

-it idles rough and feels like it's going to die on me when it's below 1 rpm.

-when I'm turning a corner, I need to give my car gas otherwise it feels like it's going to die on me and SOMETIMES it actually does! Then I sit there for a few minutes and push my gas over and over and it starts right back up, a little rough, but then goes back to normal.

-it's like, if I tried to roll through a stop sign, it probably would die on me.

-it drives fine when I'm on the free way and going fast

ANY ideas? I'm a clueless girl here, please help :] I've heard it could be the O2 sensor?? I also have a small hole in my exhaust manifold, could that play any part?
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

Search for 'idle problem', there are lots of posts about it. Here's one recent:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#406854
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

I have a 95 as well! Does it leak any antifreeze? Any leaks in the coolant system will have that effect on them. The other thing is the water tempurature sensor it has two or three wires and screws into the head. It's not the water sensor with one wire - that one is for the gauge. I had both of these problems and it acted just like yours. Hope you get it fixed. Let me know if this helps out!
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

wheres the small hole at on your mani? if you have the stock airfilter and rubber tubing you could have cracks in it which may cause a vacuum leak. does it happen before or after your car gets fully warmed up if so it could be a bad coolant sensor like lost said. good luck lots of info on this site
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
MX3GiRL95

Post by MX3GiRL95 »

Bumpysbro wrote:wheres the small hole at on your mani? if you have the stock airfilter and rubber tubing you could have cracks in it which may cause a vacuum leak. does it happen before or after your car gets fully warmed up if so it could be a bad coolant sensor like lost said. good luck lots of info on this site
I haven't seen any coolant leaks. The problem happens more frequently before the car is fully warmed up. It still happens occasionally when the car is warm - it depends on how you drive it. My small hole is off the pipe that comes off the lower part of the manifold.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

vacuum leak
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MX3GiRL95

Post by MX3GiRL95 »

mitmaks wrote:vacuum leak
But my idle doesn't surge...
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Vacuum leak! Maybe. Doesn't always have to surge. I say get one of those cheapy ebay cold air and put it on. Has those metal pipings, won't ahve to worry bout them rubber leaks anymore. and it sounds neat, too
MX3GiRL95

Post by MX3GiRL95 »

SuperK wrote:Vacuum leak! Maybe. Doesn't always have to surge. I say get one of those cheapy ebay cold air and put it on. Has those metal pipings, won't ahve to worry bout them rubber leaks anymore. and it sounds neat, too
I actually did have a problem with my intake hose. I did purchase a brand new entire intake hose assembly from the dealer. The old one was very hard and cracked in some places, the new one you can tell the rubber feels the way it should be.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

If the hole in the exhaust is close to the o2 sensor - air can mix with the exhaust and mess up the o2 readings. But if this is the problem it should happen mostly when the engine is warm.

The fuel filter might have been clogged too - replace fuel filter and run some injector cleaner with the next few fillups.

It could also be as simple as TPS adjustment -
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

ever change and service your power steering?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”