where to find a good klze turbo hot & piping

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

hppwdn wrote:
Slammed6 wrote:Yes it is.

I have read all about different setups, and i personally don't feel that its "smart" to pressurize the VAF, As it was never intended to be pressurized.
I was just wondering what impact, if any, the placement of the vaf would have on IAT readings. Since the IAT is in the vaf and air temp pre compressor will be different than air temp post intercooler. In some conditions the difference will be larger than others. The temp difference could cause the stock ECU to use different fuel/timing depending on the difference between ambient temp (what the vaf will read on this setup) and post IC temps.
I have read that people have ran it both ways and never had a problem...but this is all the more reason to go MS, and tap in a IAT sesnor by the TB...which i do plan on doing when i go larger injectors, than the Millenias i have now.

I am just basing my theory off the 1st gen MX-6/Probe how it has the MAF pre turbo, and its not pressurized or anything...and from all the cars i have seen turbo have the MAF/VAF pre turbo...as so they are not in the pressurized section.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

ooooooooo!!!! looks dam good!! any pics of the crossmember?? u got 2 weeks to finish! 8) i definately want to see your car in person.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

No tranny x-member modifications? Please write a how-to please???
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
monky20

Post by monky20 »

slammed were did u end up getting the hot pipes?...email me if u can
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I bought my hotpipes off Ebay...they were the MMI ones.

And yes it required the X-member to be modified. I'm in the works to developing something so the cross memeber can be replaced without having to cut ur OEM one. I'll def let everyone know when i make this setup for my car.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “Forced Induction”