BOSH 4+ PLUGS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Really man.. if its not a platinum plug.. its probably fine.. I just like the stock NGK's.. they work fine and dont cost a fortune either. Platinum tip plugs really are only suited for Forced Induction applications. You want a cooler plug for those applications.. helps prevent preignition I would think. You can do a bit of searching around the site.. the topic has been covered more than a few times.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I was the mo-ron that ran some bosch 4+'s for two weeks. Threw them out and got some NGK's, made a world of difference.

Apparently many stock applications in new automobiles are now sporting iridium plugs and with my curiosity, I've just purchased a set of those. They seem to run very nice, I have no lag issues and a nice smooth idle.
Of course I'm a 4 cylinder guy, so a "performance gain" from a 1.6L is nil. Might do more for you guys.
I bought some NGK Iridium IX's off of ebay for 6/each w/ship. If you're adventurous, I'd say try those out. Anything but the Bosch's, please!
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

When you said you sealed your header leak, did you mean head gasket? My car backfires really bad on redline shifts... shoots lots of fire out the exhaust too.... I don't want to deal with a head gasket. Do you mean you fixed a leaking exhaust header?
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

You should have asked me LOL anyone knows that bosh 4 are just a waste of money. Header leake MAY have been the issue if the o2 sensors were not getting the correct issues but even still.. i ran with leaky headers for a good while and never once got a back fire. Thats something else, maybe fouled spark plugs or something. I been trough that, trust your old man Hec rudy!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Sorry but I work at Autozone and I try to talk people out of the BOSCH patinum plugs. They have sucked because of the tips. Stick with NGKs or Densos. Plus they are a little bit easier to find heat ranges for if you are doing NA or Boost. IDK the funny thing is sticking with regular plugs are the best things to do. If the HKS cost more than 4 bucks a plug, it is a waste to me. Just my input on the whole situation.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”