BOSH 4+ PLUGS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

BOSH 4+ PLUGS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

well fellas i did what i said i would do.... just to let you all know that i am now running the BOSH 4+ PLUGS .... now the thing is .... i dont know what gave me such a crazy torque gain.... i changed my plugs .... the old ones were drenched in oil but i know its the valve cover gasket ... i just havent had $$$ to fix it... then i sealed my header leak... got new tires, painted the manifold, changed the oil (CASTROL GTX 10-40w) .... man as soon as i started it up ... it sounded just terrific... took it out for a test drive and OMG!!!!! seriously .... i felt a big increase in all around power...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why is your oil so thick? i guess its synthetic? dont use 40w tho if its not.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

40w works good brotha.....at least for me .... no not synthectic....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I am surpised it ran good, those plugs are crap and do not like our motors at all. I know multiple ppl running those and they did not work out well. I would stick with the V-power or G-power.

BTW, how you seal your header leak?
Last edited by solo_ryder on March 5th, 2007, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Wont last long I bet.. the only torque or power gain you are feeling is from fresh plugs.. and the platinums will foul faster than a normal plug.. and if your spark plugs are oil fouled that badly.. well there is why Hector pulls on you in 3rd gear as well.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

yeah man .... as a matter a fact i wanna try out the HKS spark plugs.... but yeah i ussually use either NGK's or DENSO's... but considering they were FREE NINTY NINE.... its all good ....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

....hmmmm ....faulty valve cover gasket=oil in plugs= hectors 3rd gear pull..... never though of that....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
n2ogsze

Re: BOSH 4+ PLUGS

Post by n2ogsze »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:OMG!!!!! seriously .... i felt a big increase in all around power...
No you didn't. You may think you felt it, but it's all in your head.
T61 powered KLZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah 40w will work but then again remember your engine tapping is louder than mine. I never use 40.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

40w oil will also increase the drag on internal engine components.. which in turn will slow the engine down slightly (probably not enough to notice in most cases though). I had a old subaru that when it was a quart low on oil would get almost 5mpg better gas mileage than when it was full up on oil. Why? Less drag on the engine internals.. took me a while to figure that one out too LOL. Also.. if you are finding any amount of white powdery stuff caked onto the electrode of your spark plugs.. its not oil seeping in from the valve cover gaskets. Its oil getting past the valve seals and rings.. when burnt onto spark plug electrodes.. its a white powdery substance. And for the record.. BOSCH Platium plugs are the worst plug you can put in a K series engine IMO.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

PWRD_BY_HKS

Re: BOSH 4+ PLUGS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

n2ogsze wrote:
PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:OMG!!!!! seriously .... i felt a big increase in all around power...
No you didn't. You may think you felt it, but it's all in your head.
like i said .... it could have been my massive header leak.... it was pretty bad... back fire after every shift .... not like ussual back fire .... this was loud G

Tunes 67..... what are you running for plugs ?????
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Tunes67 wrote: BOSCH Platium plugs are the worst plug you can put in a K series engine IMO.
O...s---.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Vanished wrote:
Tunes67 wrote: BOSCH Platium plugs are the worst plug you can put in a K series engine IMO.
O...s---.
LOL!!!!!! seriously .... i ussually run DENSO or NGKS like i said but ... i didint know the BOSH +4 sucked that bad... mean they are pretty $$$$.... ya know?
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I just run the stock NGK's.. I did a lot of reading and most of the responses I found came to the conclusion that for non turbo or SC applications.. they worked the best for the longest period of time. My machinist uncle has told me in the past that platinum plugs burn with a cooler spark.. I have seen some opposition to this statement on occasion.. but I can say every time I have pulled a platinum plug out of a non turbo'd engine.. they have been coated with black soot.. indicating a too rich mixture or incomplete combustion.

Tunes67

PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

yeah ... ngks work good but .... the upgraded ones are like 8 bux each.... thats just nutty if you ask me.... what about the HKS plugs tunes .... would you rock em
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”