KFZE install ......vac. and wiring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3freak

KFZE install ......vac. and wiring

Post by mazdamx3freak »

im installing a kfze for my friend and was wondering if there is anything i really need to chage as far as wiring and vacumn lines goes b/c ive done 2.5 swaps before and everything looks so diff.....
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

all you need is the jkze ecu. Is it a square runner kf or a round runner? I was using the klde manifold and it was quite good. The k8 manifold was to restrictive compared to the de. stock vaf will do. I wish you luck.. all kf engines that we have swapped ( just 3) we have had bad experiences. Hydrolocks, fires bad engines. Mine amazingly survived all of that.. survived hydrolock and a fire. Power was not that great.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

KFZE's are all round runners.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

As far as I know there were actually 2 IM's for the KFZE (correct me if I am wrong). The standard KFZE round runner straight neck (hope you don't mind Barry):

And the Type-R Lantis IM, Similar to the K8 but with square ports. THis motor had a bit more HP IIRC (Looks kinda square to me):

I just noticed that they also came with the cool VC's :)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

JM1EC-V6 wrote:KFZE's are all round runners.
Not true, the Lantis Type R KFZE came with square ports, and is the true 170bhp motor, the rest are 160-165 range
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

sorry, but you'll need a detailed picture (not a forum blah blah) to tell me this.

The heads on KF-ZE's are K8-1A1 & K8-101

And the ''K8 like'' (Type R) IM isn't squarre port at all.
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

JM1EC-V6 wrote:sorry, but you'll need a detailed picture (not a forum blah blah) to tell me this.

To correct everyone yes the (KF-ZE) lantis Type- R does have square runners ( heads and IM ) with the only 170base hp with the curved neck design. The base model lantis has the straight neck style and round runners. Also the blocks and heads do have K8 on them but also KF engraved on the rear porition of the block As for proof i have the lantis Type-R motor sitting in my garage and if needed i will post pics....
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nice, so the type R has k8 heads with square runners? That is interesting, that is proly a nice revving motor with thos KFZE cams in there. G/L in the install man.
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

mazdamx3freak wrote:
JM1EC-V6 wrote:sorry, but you'll need a detailed picture (not a forum blah blah) to tell me this.

To correct everyone yes the (KF-ZE) lantis Type- R does have square runners ( heads and IM ) with the only 170base hp with the curved neck design. The base model lantis has the straight neck style and round runners. Also the blocks and heads do have K8 on them but also KF engraved on the rear porition of the block As for proof i have the lantis Type-R motor sitting in my garage and if needed i will post pics....
Nice, since there's not much infos on these Type-R's, I would be really interested in your pictures & head codes !
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ImageImageImage
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

I know this is off topic but you do not even know how confused i am now :(
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mowambi wrote:I know this is off topic but you do not even know how confused i am now :(

? We are talking about KFZE's I know that mazdamx3freak wanted to know some info, but as far as I know it should be the same swap. Any questions he has should go to Hector (hgallagos) cause he knows about KF's
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Here is a lantis type r. There is a pic of the engine there.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 525351.htm

mazdamx3freak - if you are looking for a kf15 ecu i have one for sale
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah its teh same swap as a de or klze, ecept you DO need the ecu.. it wont run right with the k8/de/ze ecu.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

how wont it run right? meaning? plus i dont think i can get a kf ecu.....
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

solo_ryder wrote:
mowambi wrote:I know this is off topic but you do not even know how confused i am now :(

? We are talking about KFZE's I know that mazdamx3freak wanted to know some info, but as far as I know it should be the same swap. Any questions he has should go to Hector (hgallagos) cause he knows about KF's
Hector knows a lil bout them :)
hehehe there are 2 others on the board who know them inside and out :)

Oh if you need any referance pics for anything
http://www.atlantamx3.com/moca/brian/KFZE/
http://www.atlantamx3.com/moca/brian/kfze040104/
http://www.atlantamx3.com/moca/brian/kfze040804/
http://www.atlantamx3.com/moca/brian/kfze040904/
http://www.atlantamx3.com/moca/brian/kfze041004/
I think perry got enough pics
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”