Mikee does it again, klze turbo

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

nope-mx3 wrote:
Nitrous Fusion wrote:Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it. The car goes on the Dyno next Tuesday for a full maping session, I want to try different boost levels and a couple of new fuel maps so I will post the new videos after that.

I refused to use the megasquirt as too many Ze's have been blown by bad configs, so I opted to go with a new product thats amazing for the ZE's called MapECU. http://www.mapecu.co.nz/

its even got a NOS controller (needed in my case) and a complete data logging system.

You just conect 6 wires and install it in learning mode with your standard set up (before the turbo is installed) you drive around for a couple of days, and it will learn what the VAF is doing. Once it has learnt all the functions you can throw your VAF out the window and install a turbo or an SC, and load the base fuel map you have saved. After that you can begin to fine tune it with Boost on the go. I usually have some one else sitting in the car with the laptop changing parameters while I am driving.

Mikee
I just looked at the MAPEcu2, and that looks very promising.
Timing and ignition support etc.
hmmhmm, choices choices choices... :)

-n
I'm using msII but If seen the map ecu mikee has and if I had know earlier I would have chosen mapecu, It's way easier to tune.
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc
Nitrous Fusion

Post by Nitrous Fusion »

UPDATE:

Yesterday was the big day....the mx3 was on the dyno for a grueling 5 hours.
The session started out like any other, first strap the car down and go over everything (twice) then they began by tweaking the base map with out using any boost; After that the wastegate and the Bov we're tested a few times until it was ready to try some boost.
After a few backfires and a couple of runs the MapECU was doing everything that we expect it to, even the expert was impresed. From the begining we had thought we might get problems if we could not control the timing or the Vris points and just as we expected the expert agreed with us, and he didn't want to take the session any further......so we had to bring out the secret weapon. The JT SPEC KLZE ecu, this ecu has been configuered to allow full control over the timing as well as the vris points. I will mention more about this soon. Within 20 minutes we had it wired up and the session continued.

After all the test we're completed at 0.4 (5.5psi)bar (Low setting) we decided it was time to try out the high boost setting of 0.6 bar but after a few runs we soon discovered that we still had to set all the parameters on the greddy boost controller for high settings. It was late, we we're tired but very happy and proud; so we decided to call it a day, after all it was just not worth it.

After five hours, 237km and 1 tank of fuel the computer printed out its last figures: 211kw / 290whp @ 6500rpms

Not bad at all, please remember this was not a race for horsepower but rather to achieve a working turbo set up that will run on an everyday basis.
and after all we still have the high boost settings to play with :-)

enjoy the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYqGuvGUOzI

Theres more to come.

Mikee
Last edited by Nitrous Fusion on February 14th, 2007, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris

Post by Boris »

awww the link doesn't work yet!
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Nitrous Fusion

Post by Nitrous Fusion »

should do now......just done the preview :-)

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”