My ZE Turbo Setup Part list Am I missing anything?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I`d get forged internals aswell, that way it`ll actually handle a lot of boost for a long time :)

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
andy

Post by andy »

I don't see how you could use the downpipe from the ssac hot kit
without modifing the cross members. Unless of course you were to
use a custom downpipe.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

andy wrote:I don't see how you could use the downpipe from the ssac hot kit
use a custom downpipe.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
ah yes ur right i totally forgot about the downpipe, i never used it as it was, i made a custum one out of it before i ever try to fit it on. So i tend to forget about that.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

andy wrote:I don't see how you could use the downpipe from the ssac hot kit
use a custom downpipe.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
I only had to modify my front to back crossmember (the one that holds the mounts). I didn't have to make any mods to my lateral crossmember.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Turbo:
Turbo Manifold + DP
cold pipes
tial 38mm wastegate
tial bov 50mm
tial bov flange with t pipe
Turbo t3/t4 (Garrett or Turbonetics)
oil drain and feed lines wit

Hey if i am looking for 4 psi.. would that be a good set up? I started to source all those individial parts. Is it ok to be non intercooled at first? what about injectors at 4psi? fpr? i plan to bump at 6 psi but by then I would have already have a wal255 pump and millenia injectors and a good fpr.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

hgallegos915 wrote:Turbo:
Turbo Manifold + DP
cold pipes
tial 38mm wastegate
tial bov 50mm
tial bov flange with t pipe
Turbo t3/t4 (Garrett or Turbonetics)
oil drain and feed lines wit

Hey if i am looking for 4 psi.. would that be a good set up? I started to source all those individial parts. Is it ok to be non intercooled at first? what about injectors at 4psi? fpr? i plan to bump at 6 psi but by then I would have already have a wal255 pump and millenia injectors and a good fpr.
Technically you should be able to boost up to 5psi without an intercooler, but considering how hot the klze gets i really wouldnt try it.

I would go ahead and get the teh millinia injectors and i wouldnt recomend boosting on the stock ecu, though it could probably handle it, if you do install the millinia s injectors you probably want to get some type of afc, though commonly known afc's dont really work well on the ze.

It really all depends on how much money you have to spend, My setup i've already priced to be between 4-5k installed, you can do the same setup i am for less, with cheaper parts, you dont have to use tial, you dont have to use a garrett or turbonetics turbo an ebay japanese made one will work just find for low boost...... I'll have about 10k when i start this project I'll more than likely after i get the setup working right start buying parts to build another engine while this one is going. basically just going and spending 250 at the local jyard for a millinia 2.5l klde and strip it down and build it up. then once it's finished I'll see what the maximum the ze can handle before it pops.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

afc doesnt really work well with any ecu. it may help a little bit with fuel control but it doesnt do anything about the automatic timing change with the fuel control. afc is better suited to n/a applications as the timing issue is different for boost applications. for the cost of getting an afc and the other things to make it work close to properly, you may as well get a megasquirt
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

aww so u are telling me i cant even do 4 psi with the stock ecu? megasquirt is a must? aw i just sold it LOL :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
30xadelaide

Post by 30xadelaide »

hgallegos915 wrote:aww so u are telling me i cant even do 4 psi with the stock ecu? megasquirt is a must? aw i just sold it LOL :(
i've run 5psi on stock k8 ecu with 8:1 fmu for 2 months with no probs with 220cc injectors...ive even hit 10psi when i split theline between the compessor and wastegate hence acting like bleed valve. i can tell u my setup runs a lil rich ...does anyone kno if the k8 is remapable?.im gettin a lil backfiring but nothing to extreme
BOOSTIN SOON!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

hgallegos915 wrote:aww so u are telling me i cant even do 4 psi with the stock ecu? megasquirt is a must? aw i just sold it LOL :(
it will run, but for it to run well and be reliable you need something that can be properly tuned to run well and reliably. stock ecu alone is not tunable without chipping it. unless you can program the chip based from dyno testing, the ems is much more worth it.
30xadelaide wrote: i've run 5psi on stock k8 ecu with 8:1 fmu for 2 months with no probs with 220cc injectors...ive even hit 10psi when i split theline between the compessor and wastegate hence acting like bleed valve. i can tell u my setup runs a lil rich ...does anyone kno if the k8 is remapable?.im gettin a lil backfiring but nothing to extreme
with an 8:1 fmu, you are going to definately run rich, have poor gas mileage and even worse throttle response at anything besides wot. even at wot an 8:1 fmu will not run as good as a proper ems
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Your missing a set of Turbo Cams:

FYI - BB feeler is on now.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... 1922995013
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I dont talk on here much at all but I've been here forever. Where do you find slimline fans for the MX-3?? I'm always doing quick searches and never find any for my turbo ZE project that I'll be doing this summer. Car will be garaged all summer and I'll be riding my bike but I want the MX turbo'd by the time the bike gets garaged.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Illa Killa wrote:I dont talk on here much at all but I've been here forever. Where do you find slimline fans for the MX-3?? I'm always doing quick searches and never find any for my turbo ZE project that I'll be doing this summer. Car will be garaged all summer and I'll be riding my bike but I want the MX turbo'd by the time the bike gets garaged.
You wont find any for the MX-3 they are universal.

I just took mine out of the box and they dont have any names or model #'s on them so i cant help u there.

But i do know i have read posts of people calling them Slimline fans and i have also heard Permacool and Flexilite mentioned.

Check http://www.summitracing.com thats where i go to see pics of items people are selling or to compare if what they are asking is worth it. I have yet to not be able to find something on there.

g/l
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Aight then, thanks. I'm gonna have to check this out.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

Which cams are in a K8 again?

Return to “Forced Induction”