Need Help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94_MX-3

Need Help!

Post by 94_MX-3 »

hey guys i just bought a mx3 v6 with a ZE swap and i was driving today and everything was fine until i jumped on the freeway came off and had to slow down for a stoplight, but as i was slowing down i noticed the car was still revving and i wasnt even touching the gas, and when i came to a complete stop the rpm's raised to about 3k and just stayed there. can anyone tell me whats wrong need to get it fixed asap. thanks in advance.
sam_no3

Post by sam_no3 »

is it anything to do with the throttle cable? if thats getting stuck then that could explain it, might be something more troublesome though but thats the simplest thing it could be maybe?
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

LOL omg sometimes my stock mats would get stuck behind the gas pedal. Sorry. I had the same problem too when I was shifting I was like WTF (thinking in my head "why is the rpms high?")? but found out it was due to my mats moving upward and messing with the gas.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
94_MX-3

Post by 94_MX-3 »

haha, well i think mines is a different prob cause i have no floor mats, ugh...
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

LOL it would be funny if that was the situation though cause I laughed my arss off when I found out what was wrong with my car.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
94_MX-3

Post by 94_MX-3 »

well i decided to try and fix the idle by playing with the idle needle and it got lower but now the rpm gauge bounces from 2k - 2.5k any idea why its doing that?
alreadydefective

Post by alreadydefective »

i dunno if this is even close, but i started having that kinda problem when my belt broke, (the idling), mine was from a broken pulley that now need a new bracket when i get the money :-/
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Mm...try your TPS. it might need adjustment. if you don't know how, check the V6 FAQ

ALSO,

when you adjusted the idle, did you adjust the screw? please tell me that you jumped GRND and TEN in the diaog box, if not your just making more work for youself....
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
94_MX-3

Post by 94_MX-3 »

well this is my first ZE and i dont really know much about it, but can you explain how to juump GRND and TEN in the diagnostic box?
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Any chance it can be a leak in a hose or a crack in the Throttlebody accordian lookin tube?

I had a crack in between one of the ribs of the tube and IIRC it made my idle go up.

g/l
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

94_MX-3 wrote: can you explain how to juump GRND and TEN in the diagnostic box?

:shock:

Don't adjust your idle without jumping GRD and TEN. Ok, around your battery there shoudl be a black box about 2inch big. Pop that open. ON the top cover, inside the box, there will be a diagram. You'll see a square labeled GRND, and one labeled TEN. Take a paper clip, and stick it in the corresponding squares.

THEN star the car, and adjust the idle. turn off the car, take out the paper clip, and start it again to ensure you set it right.

Did you adjust your TPS yet?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
94_MX-3

Post by 94_MX-3 »

yeah i adjusted my TPS but i havent jumped GRND and TEN yet ill do that when i get home from work.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”