Pioneer OEL Display Help

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Pioneer OEL Display Help

Post by Jovian2k »

I have this Pioneer DEH-7500MP head unit (the one that plays screen savers like the dolphins).
You can download and change the screen savers using a Pioneer OEL Screensaver Studio program. I changed them at one point to these victoria secret models and now (long time later) I get File Error when I try and change the display to some backgrounds and screen savers (some, not all of them). Does anyone who owns this type of head unit know how to fix this problem? The users manual gives little if no help...
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd bet you have to clear the memory and reprogram the unit with your screen saver. I have the same thing on a newer unit, but haven't played with it yet. To clear the memory I suggest writing all your settings down and then pull the power to the unit. I don't think that the unit has any batery to save the memory so you should be able to pull it and then just plug it back in.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

I cleared the memory, all the settings were reset to the original specs... except the backgrounds and screensavers. I'm still getting File Error. Frustrating, maybe I will contact Pioneer or try and install new screen savers with that program.
Worklog
For Sale Thread
chew*

Post by chew* »

I would reprogram the screensavers in as they most likely corrupted. It's also possible that the flash memory that stores the screensavers has gone bad.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

I tried reinstalling some of them, but wouldn't download right. Either I am messing something up or it just isn't working like it should. Oh well its purely aesthetic I still have motorcycles and other backgrounds. Im my attempt to find a solution I came across this link has some cool screensavers: (FYI whoever has this type of head unit)
http://imf-oel.tripod.com/index.htm
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Ok I tried everything, the Pioneer guy told me to try and reinstall the screensavers and backgrounds and I did the procedure exactly how it's suppose to be done and CD Player gives me problems downloading the files. I think it is the head unit being kinda crappy... Oh well my CD player still plays CD's so I can't be too mad huh...

BTW if anyone has this kind of CD player and wants two cool background images let me know... made them on the OEL Screensaver Studio they are in .lkd format.
(1) is the mazda logo
(2) is the MX-3 logo
Worklog
For Sale Thread
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

What did Pioneer say about sending for repair? They might let you ship it to them for repair and them ship it back...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”