F2T swap!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

mzdamx3rsdohc wrote:thats awesome man. You definatly have to post up a work log. If you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard of a swap. As many Honda swaps you need different motor mounts, wiring harness, etc. Its just not as easy as a BPT swap, which who care you got it for free and once you get a zombie chip which ups the boost to 15psi you'll be taking any BPT with your huge torque. If anyone doubts this look on Probetalk.com and the E/Ts in a heavy first gen.
a work log will go up when i get the donor car next week.

- Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Cy

Post by Cy »

Have you been swapping all these motors into the same car... or buying new cars and building them back up...

Man if that's all 1 car she's gota be a real whore :P
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Cy wrote:Have you been swapping all these motors into the same car... or buying new cars and building them back up...

swaping all these motors? this would be the first engine swap.
Cy

Post by Cy »

Bochek wrote:
Cy wrote:Have you been swapping all these motors into the same car... or buying new cars and building them back up...

swaping all these motors? this would be the first engine swap.
Maybe because you're always working on something i thought you had done more..
RbluE_MX-6

Post by RbluE_MX-6 »

mzdamx3rsdohc wrote: If you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard of a swap. As many Honda swaps you need different motor mounts, wiring harness, etc.
An F2T swap in a mx3 is far from not being too hard. Its still not even as easy to swap it into a 1st gen non-turbo chassis mx6. Most guys on the mx6 forum will tell you to sell your lx dx and buy a GT rather than swap.

The transmission is larger, the axles are bigger, motor mounts will probably not match up, the hub assembly must be replaced to use the larger GT axles. The wiring harness from a GT needs to be used.
mzdamx3rsdohc wrote:Its just not as easy as a BPT swap, which who care you got it for free and
A bpt swap is a walk in the park compared to putting in an F2T.
mzdamx3rsdohc wrote:once you get a zombie chip which ups the boost to 15psi you'll be taking any BPT with your huge torque.
Take it from me, my biggest problem is traction. Plus all the torque that the f2t makes would shred any other fwd mazda trans to bits in one shot.

Bochek, I hope ur not planning on trying to make fit or use the mx3 transmission.

Bochek wrote:why. because im getting the motor for free, and no, its only a 70 hp increase, but its over doubble the torque.

not only that, but did i mention its free?

and also, just to be different!

- Bochek
The motor maybe free, but getting it in and running won't be.

Good luck to ya.
88 Mx-6 GT FE-DOHC rebuilt

Too much to list...
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

no i am not using the mx3 tranny, and yes i will have to fab mounts, and extend harnesses exct.

and i have a solution to the axle problem.

- Bochek
Cy

Post by Cy »

If you have the ability to fabricate and machine the parts you need then ANY swap is only as hard as doing it...
Boris

Post by Boris »

no more supercharged sohc? :(
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Boris wrote:no more supercharged sohc? :(
no, supercharged 13b instead by the looks o things
Cy

Post by Cy »

Bochek wrote:
sounds like trouble....rotary eccentric shafts are under enough stress as it is...
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Cy wrote:
Bochek wrote:
sounds like trouble....rotary eccentric shafts are under enough stress as it is...
meh.

on another note:
theres a guy with a f2t in a protege, im trying to get in contact with him.

- Bochek
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

[quote="Bochek"][quote="Cy"][quote="Bochek"][quote="Boris"]no more supercharged sohc? :([/quote]

no, supercharged 13b instead by the looks o things[/quote]

sounds like trouble....rotary eccentric shafts are under enough stress as it is...[/quote]

meh.

on another note:

- Bochek[/quote]

ur so hardheaded man not to diss u guy. with that attitude u can probly the first to put a F2t in a MX-3. i still don't think a f2t harness and ecu will plug and play in a mx-3 i probly use the MS-2 u have to have the engine running. good luck i knowit will take a few months to get t up and running. at the shop we are thinking of putting a FS or FE3 engine in the MX-3. but these are just thoughts. laters
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Sounds like it's going to be quite the project. Best of luck Bochek!
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
Bochek wrote:
Cy wrote: sounds like trouble....rotary eccentric shafts are under enough stress as it is...
meh.

on another note:

- Bochek
ur so hardheaded man not to diss u guy. with that attitude u can probly the first to put a F2t in a MX-3. i still don't think a f2t harness and ecu will plug and play in a mx-3 i probly use the MS-2 u have to have the engine running. good luck i knowit will take a few months to get t up and running. at the shop we are thinking of putting a FS or FE3 engine in the MX-3. but these are just thoughts. laters
lol, the harness from the probe should be longer then what is needed for the mx3, so it should all work out.

the worst part is the car is 3km from where i need it to be, and i have no way of moving it. need to call a tow truck i supose.

- bochek
Boris

Post by Boris »

Bochek wrote:the worst part is the car is 3km from where i need it to be, and i have no way of moving it. need to call a tow truck i supose.

- bochek
If your parents have CAA then you can use that. That's how I transport my project trucks/cars when i buy em haha. It ended up being worth my $$ going with CAA plus because I've towed my MX and some old project trucks so far so many times.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”