CHIPPED k8 ECU to ze? (Yes i searched and searched)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i emailed him and he states only some k8 ecus can be chipped, sent a pic of the insides of the ecu and awaiting reply.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

next year 91 toyota supra turbo..
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

hey i just finished talking to probinator he said he need 2 look inside of the k8 ecu... so take a pic the insides of the ecu n the outside...
96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Yes, it depends on the ECU. When I sent mine in he realized it was not the same as the K8's he did before. But I just wanted K8 map with custom VRIS points, so he just flashed an exact copy of K8 ECU and adjusted the VRIS points. That's why it's best to send him the ECU for install so he can make sure the product he gives you works before he sends it back.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got this email from him. Im sure it well help alof of us.

"that ecu bro is not compatable with our chip. if you find a k8 ecu with a eprom number 079753-2060 or 2061 then we can make a chip for it. or you can get aprobe ecu and vaf and use that too. we can chip those."

So.. my friend rudy has a de ecu.. ill chip that one and look for my de vaf that i got somewhere lying around.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

i have a stock ecu from a probe i wont mind 2 sell it if anyone wants it..
96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Slammed6 wrote: There is no reason y it shouldn't pass emissions...if you still have all the smog equipment working.

Well one thing i noticed is that if ur running a JDM ECU with a Probe/MX-6 US VAF the car runs extremely lean....and will be less emissions...but my JDM ECU with a JE-50 runs rediculous rich...10.0-10.5 AF...thats just un acceptable..lol
i am using the jdm ecu with the je50 vaf for the results i had and i have no emissions equipment.

if probinators chipped ecu can pass emissions, that is awesome because his chip is supposed to be dyno proven.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I got the Probinator chip and I can say I've never had a problem with it, works alot better than the K8 ECU with the stock VAF. Before I got the chip my car was very laggy up until ~4000rpm and then would suddenly get a burst of speed. Now it has a steady powerband and feels a bit faster.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

"if you find a k8 ecu with a eprom number 079753-2060 or 2061 then we can make a chip for it."

how do we figure out the eprom number? or am i just a retard?

why are some differnet? what differnet?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Probinator

Post by Probinator »

a few days old but worth bringing it back.

not all k8's can be chipped, my friend mike stated that some of the 92's used a different processor, and doesnt take well to the chip. thats why I started to ask people if they wanted to chip there k8 ecu's. that they needed to open them up and take a picture.

Cheezy your a funny dude bro.....buy my first gen...and then you can beat juanchi all day long and laugh at him. lol
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Heres mine..Let me know if you can do it!

93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

you're out of luck man sorry, that seems to be the same as the 92 ecu. check out my install page for this chip.

http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk/Pages/ ... /eprom.htm
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Imma send in my de ecu hopefully he can chip it for use with k8 vaf.
-hec

Probinator

Post by Probinator »

hgallegos915 wrote:Imma send in my de ecu hopefully he can chip it for use with k8 vaf.
Guys so i dont get in trouble on here per advertising rules. Email me if you have questions.

probegtze@hotmail.com

but yes a de ecu can be converted to use the je50vaf.
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

I got a chip from probinator for my k8 ecu and that ecu looks totally different than mine.
Definately smoothed the power band, works great.
Would highly recommend sending him your ecu to have the chip put in. Getting the old one out is a royal b****. Worth the $25 and shipping to save you a headache.
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”