CHIPPED k8 ECU to ze? (Yes i searched and searched)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

CHIPPED k8 ECU to ze? (Yes i searched and searched)

Post by hgallegos915 »

i am SO SO SORRY for all these posts.. but i tried my best at search.. if anyone can direct me to the right link.. I know the klde ecu can be programmed with a chip to be "ze chipped" but what about the k8??? anyone?? thanks in advance and whoever answers shall be blessed with many women, thanks.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

it's been a while since i've seen any posts about it, but from what i recall, some say it is great, some say crap :shrug:

if it were me, i'd go for the real deal KLZE ecu (auto is fine)...., or even better, a standalone unit
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Patrick (PATDIESEL) has a K8 ECU that was remapped by Corksport to ZE specs.

He also has the highest WHP KL-ZE on the board that is not using a Stand alone ECU or turbo.

Crap?

I think not.

Although, dont get the ebay "chips" & other B.S.. Send it to a real tuning company like Corksport or something.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, CorkSport farms out the work. They don't acutally do the rechip. Mine was done years and years ago when the ZE ECUs were not around and thus it was my only option unless I went stand-alone. 180WHP seems pretty good to me. Passes emisions really well too. I've been VERY happy with it. The cost was around 400 I think so at that price you could get a MSnS or something and get more HP. I would have considered that, but at the time MS wasn't around and thus the cheapest reliable stand alone was Haltch and for 1200 I decided that the 400 was a better idea. However, for a plug and play ECU I think it has served me very well.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

IF U NEED A CHIP FOR UR KLZE... HIT THE MX6 FOURMS N LOOK FOR SOME FOO NAMED PROBINATOR HE SELLS THE FOR LIKE 55 BUCKS SHIPPED.. TELL HIM CHEEZY SEND U.
96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

next year 91 toyota supra turbo..
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i recall the guy from mx6.com offering the ecu retune for ze's on this board as well as pt and mx6.com.

the problem with ecu retunes is that MOST of the time, you will not pass emissions testing because the ecu is not well.

that is why i dont recommend buying them. a real jdm ecu is cheaper than a properly retuned stock ecu ($400) as pat stated, that money can be better used elsewhere now a days.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Actually i am friends with Probinator....and he is the one that i got to tale a stab at re-chipping the K8....and yes it does work...and actually i dyno'd ~7-9 WHP over my KL-36.

And my KLZE MX-3 Dyno about 179 WHP with it... with my KL-36 ECU i dyno about 160 WHP.

Hit him up ProbeGTZE@hotmail.com for any ECU needs.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I emailed him :) how much did he cahrge for the chip
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

i dunno how much he charges...my car was a test dummy....so mine was free :-P
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

atlantamx3 wrote:Patrick (PATDIESEL) has a K8 ECU that was remapped by Corksport to ZE specs.

He also has the highest WHP KL-ZE
I still want a redyno on a dynojet dyno and not a dynopak, Hell i might even be willing to pay for 1 pull :) Just because all dynopaks are giving higher numbers to what Mustang and Dynojets are because there hp numbers are closer to the bhp than whp.

Its been proven several times on the rx7 forums
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Mnemonic wrote:
atlantamx3 wrote:Patrick (PATDIESEL) has a K8 ECU that was remapped by Corksport to ZE specs.

He also has the highest WHP KL-ZE
I still want a redyno on a dynojet dyno and not a dynopak, Hell i might even be willing to pay for 1 pull :) Just because all dynopaks are giving higher numbers to what Mustang and Dynojets are because there hp numbers are closer to the bhp than whp.

Its been proven several times on the rx7 forums
I dyno'd 170 WHP on a mustang dyno...which was about ~179 corrected...that was with an EPROM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

He charges $50 a chip I believe, plus $25 if you need it soldered into the ECU for you.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Slammed6 wrote:Actually i am friends with Probinator....and he is the one that i got to tale a stab at re-chipping the K8....and yes it does work...and actually i dyno'd ~7-9 WHP over my KL-36.

And my KLZE MX-3 Dyno about 179 WHP with it... with my KL-36 ECU i dyno about 160 WHP.

Hit him up ProbeGTZE@hotmail.com for any ECU needs.
for some reason i always mix up u and probinator. how does his retuned chip work for emissions? perhaps we will no longer need to source out klze ecu's to pass emissions testing. that would definately be sweet.

i know one thing for sure is that my oem jdm ecu runs my car along the levels of a ulev 1.7 ulev sohc civic. it bet without a cat i could still pass easily
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

For some reason i always mix up u and probinator. how does his retuned chip work for emissions? perhaps we will no longer need to source out klze ecu's to pass emissions testing. that would definately be sweet.

i know one thing for sure is that my oem jdm ecu runs my car along the levels of a ulev 1.7 ulev sohc civic. it bet without a cat i could still pass easily
There is no reason y it shouldn't pass emissions...if you still have all the smog equipment working.

Well one thing i noticed is that if ur running a JDM ECU with a Probe/MX-6 US VAF the car runs extremely lean....and will be less emissions...but my JDM ECU with a JE-50 runs rediculous rich...10.0-10.5 AF...thats just un acceptable..lol
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

deven is that u??? it me cheezy homie... yup ur mx-3 is a dummy its always broken down lol...
96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

next year 91 toyota supra turbo..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”