Top speed test day!!!!!!!!!!!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh btw LOL tpoday iwent 120 by accident..i was late to work and when i checked i was doing 120..was at around 5.5 rpms and kept going but as soon as i saw it i shut it down because it is a felony to go over 25 mph here ion texas.. cant do anything in texas.. fine(hundreds) + jail (90 days) - drivers liscence (over a year)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I hit a bit over 120 a month ago in my 4-banger DOHC going through Backwoods, GA. Got scared and stopped. I probably had about 10-15 mph left to go, i should have gone for it :(

I hit 115 couple weeks ago on I-75 going to work, slight incline... semi pulled in front of me and scared the crap outta me... I think I'm sped out. :( It's pretty damn scary going that fast in traffic, 'specially in chattanooga!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Going that fast IN traffic......thats stupid and and thats what gave street racing its bad name...not that I'm saying street racing is safe...but it is nothing like it's made out to be if people would use their brains.

Racing in and through traffic is asking to kill someone nomatter how good of a driver you are....unfortunately you can't control other cars or read other drivers minds. Most people any more just change lanes...a$$ holes don't even look anymore, they just swerve say OMG where did that Tractor Trailor come from!?!?

This isn't a stab at you as an individual, I've done my fair share of stupid things but now see what I couldn't before. It is one thing to bang gears to 160+MPH on a straight stretch you know very well when there is no traffic or houses for you to slam through while on dry pavement. But to do it when others are in dangers way (other drivers are the biggest danger now days) is when people should be locked up etc... for exceeding posted limits in excess of 25mph. If the person is doing it on a solo stretch the cops shouldn't be able to do squat about it in my opinion...unless the car is an obvious danger to its self (falling apart POS).

Just stop and think about it atleast twice before you do it. Its bad enough to hurt or kill ones self unintentionally but why place others at that risk? God speed my friend, may God keep his protective hands over us all.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Oh, i completely agree with you it being stupid, never said it wasn't. It was a long stretch on a 5-lane, and a Semi decided to move over to the leftmost lane. I was quite far away from it, but it was enough for a scare.

Only've done it once, it was enough to tell me it's better to be late intact then be shipped in multiple pieces :S
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Ya, I did 115mph once on an almost empty toll road (70mph zone). I was surprized at how well my car handled at that speed (just so long as the windows are up), but, I also realized that I would have been totaly screwed if I had to make a really fast adjustment to miss a car at those speeds and I never did it again. Even though it was "almost" empty, that didn't completely remove the risk of hurting someone other than myself and I don't wish to repeat that again; however, I wouldn't throw someone in jail...for going really fast in the middle of nowhere with no one around. If someone gets themselves killed, it's there own fault. If someone gets a non-participant hurt or killed, he or she is a criminal and should be charged as such.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

i have had myn over 200km/h but withought rims and rubber it gets sketchy.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well on my way back from Richland I hit 140 and still had 1000 or so RPMs left. Was at 6200-6300 according to the SAFCII. So I am betting I could hit 150... :) Plus the oversized tires.... he he he...
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

here in central oregon we have a wonderful thing called SNOW when it turns to ice it gets slippery. when it gets slippery you can slap it into 5th and rev your heart out. I hit rev limiter at 140 MPH with stock GS trans. I did take my 97 Integra LS to 152 MPH and I have a video to prove it. I was on this stright strech of road on HWY 58 here in Oregon. It is dead straight for like 16 miles.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i was late for the track and nailed it in 4th gear form 70mph wnet up to 130MPH juat a little short of 7000 rpms in 4th gear. this was on a f-series trans. I let go because i didn't want a ticket at that speed. not bad for a N/A BP MX-3. could have gone faster but thats for another time.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Ok, now i have a K&N air filter in the OEM box, but i went to test it 100% stock

1.8 K8

220 kmh @ 6600 rpm
136.7 mph @ 6600 rpm

i could have take it faster, but the was traffic ahead and i didnt want to make a foolish mistake ...
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I heard the ze usually blows or drops a valve at 115? stock valve springs?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

135mph 7500rpms on 4th gear staied at 135 on 5th gear too. need a little more. thats on a stock BP with a f-series trans act clutch C.A.I., UDP, catback exhaust not bad for a BP MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

My k8 will do 150+ (front tires in mid air).
Want proof ill take a video of it.
at 7500 rpm my car would be doing 155-160 (If The Straight Away Was Long Enough) my tire size is 215/45RZ17 87w.
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

I'm sorry but I doubt your k8 mx-3 goes over 130. Oh ya I got my ze mx-3 to 140 almost redline downhill with an mx3 tranny.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

K well ill post a video of it next time i change my oil. Should be in about 2 weeks.
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”