Fog lights missing

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

:P

There are 2 buttons: one for rear fog lights, one for front fog lights.
IO
OI

There's only one indicator (for front fog lights).
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Tropical Emerald 1993 wrote::P
There are 2 buttons: one for rear fog lights, one for front fog lights.
IO
OI
There's only one indicator (for front fog lights).
OK, it appears that there are multiple configurations when it comes to lighting/fogs (front/rear) and switches also. Whether it be from the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Australia, US or Canada. I myself when asking for a E-Spec fog light switch, I got a double rounded switch assembly that is identical in appearance and location for the NA Spec cruise control main switches. And then there's a single rocker type switch that's used in other configurations. I'm surprised that there's 2 switches for fogs - front and rear. I always though that it was an combined switch that when the fronts came on, the rear did also.
Whatever the case, the configuration still appears to be normal. That said, you can always reconfigure yours if you're inclined to do so. I'd make sure there won't be any legal ramifications when doing this since most configuration differences around the globe are driven by motor vehicle licencing standards and regulations in those particular areas.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

Yeah everything is Ok as long as the car runs. Thanks for clearing that up.
Mike Wakeham

Post by Mike Wakeham »

Hi there Tropical Emerald 1993. Dunno if this will be of any help since the last related post to this was the 24th Aug, but I'm gonna help try to clear this up for you.
In Europe it is a legal requirement for any car to be fitted with at least 1 rear fog light on the right hand side of the car. Something to do with EU regulations. Some cars do come with 2 but as a cost saving issue most manufactuers only fit one on this side. The left hand side is purposly blanked. Why they do this I don't know because it would look much better with 2 and it can't cost that much money to install 2 when the car is built.

Also just to let you know, in the picture of your dash where you show your front fog indicator, this should be an indicator for your rear fogs. On the MX there is no front fog indicator, if there were the symbol would be facing the other way around with the lines comming from it facing this way / not -(ponting to the floor as it were). Hope this clears up your problem.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”