Lowering springs and 15" or 16" rims, any good sit

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Juans_93_MX3

Lowering springs and 15" or 16" rims, any good sit

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I am a big time noob and I know not to get Drop Zone springs
Anyway, anyone know a good site where I can buy lowering springs?
Any specific brands out there?
I hear that lowering the car more then 1.5inches is really bad for the CV joints. Also, I dont want to run the risk of something hitting my bumper

Would 1.5inch lowering springs be safe for me?
I am looking through the ranges of 1-1.5inch lowering springs. I want it lower then what it is now... but NOT TOO LOW where my car looks like a low rider or where I have the risk of cracking my front bumper.

As for rims, anyone know any LIGHT WEIGHT brands that are 15"s or 16"s 5 star?
Any websites so i can compare pictures?
I am looking into getting them from ebay but I need a specific name brand that would work on the MX3
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
solo_ryder

Re: Lowering springs and 15" or 16" rims, any good

Post by solo_ryder »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I am a big time noob and I know not to get Drop Zone springs
Anyway, anyone know a good site where I can buy lowering springs?
Any specific brands out there?
I hear that lowering the car more then 1.5inches is really bad for the CV joints. Also, I dont want to run the risk of something hitting my bumper
CV joints will be affected in either case when you are lowering but it should not be a large concern, Here is a few sites that have some good springs:

Intrax :

http://www.car-stuff.com/mmparts/mazda- ... rings.html

Eibach:

http://performance.drivewire.com/suspen ... ngkit.html

B&G:

http://www.partsandaccessories.com/site ... rings.html

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Would 1.5inch lowering springs be safe for me?
I am looking through the ranges of 1-1.5inch lowering springs. I want it lower then what it is now... but NOT TOO LOW where my car looks like a low rider or where I have the risk of cracking my front bumper.
1.5" is fine, you can usually go up to 2" and be ok. The Intrax and Eibach are good springs for that hieght (1-1.5")

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:As for rims, anyone know any LIGHT WEIGHT brands that are 15"s or 16"s 5 star?
Any websites so i can compare pictures?
I am looking into getting them from ebay but I need a specific name brand that would work on the MX3
Now many ppl may have opionions about this, but as someone that knows as much about hondas as I do mx3's I recommend ROTA rims, here is thier site:

http://www.rotawheels.com/

They have nice rims and they are usually lightwieght. Check eBay as well for some rims. If you have money try RAYS wheels, thier pricey.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Seems like the Eibach lowering kit is more expensive and therefor I guess its the best
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Seems like the Eibach lowering kit is more expensive and therefor I guess its the best
It is a good kit yeas, but the intrax and b&g are very good as well, lowering springs are mostly the same for the good ones. I would no tbe to concerened about the quality, if you want a slight drop with a good ride check out suspension techniques springs, that is what I had, here is a link:

http://corksport.com/store/category/53g ... hocks.html

1.5" or more drop, there good springs. There are also other springs there and that is a reputable company.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Don't forget H&R springs. Very good all around springs. Good looks, good performance, and good looks.

If you're doing wheels and springs, might I suggest TireRack.com
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

These I like

** Lightweight: 13.5 lbs. **

However, they cost $232 each? Pfff, forget that, I can weld my own... :P
I wonder if I can find some for cheaper on Ebay
You guys think I can?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Mx3er

Post by Mx3er »

nice wheels, costs for lightweight
GM tech, Mazda tunner
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Ebay is not the place to get wheels IMO.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Mx3er wrote:nice wheels, costs for lightweight
The thing that scares me is that 13.5 is considered light weight for these rims
I checked out that List of Light Weight rims and I have seen some that only weigh 10lbs! That is INSANE
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I believe the Konig Helium are much more reasonable if your main concern is weight. Howver, no 16". Just 15" (10.8 lbs) and 17" (16.2 lbs)

Konig Holes has a 16", though. 16 lbs for the 16"
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

They do have the 16 inch Konig Heliums out now, you just have to look hard to find places selling them. I just ordered them in bronze with tires for $750 shipped, waiting to get them but heres the link
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1278890&page=31
(I know its a Honda thread just take a deep breath you can do it :wink: ) PM me I'll let you know how the overall transaction went.
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
D323

Post by D323 »

just get some miata rims... I have 2 sets....

my 15in miata rims weigh 12.8 lbs a piece roughly, and my 16in miata rims weigh 14.0lbs each or something like that.

You have to hunt around on ebay and miata.net, but they have people selling them every now and then.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

D323 wrote:just get some miata rims... I have 2 sets....

my 15in miata rims weigh 12.8 lbs a piece roughly, and my 16in miata rims weigh 14.0lbs each or something like that.

You have to hunt around on ebay and miata.net, but they have people selling them every now and then.
Are Miata rims cheap?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

One last question, should I get 15x7 rims or 15x6?
I know, 15x7
Better handling more traction but a bit more money and a little heavier, right?[/color]
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Personally, I'd get 6 or 6.5" wide rims if I had the option. 7" is unnecessary for 205 width rims.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”