Help me pick a exhaust tip style !!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

damm it more good looking exhausts for me to look at now !! cheers guys.
Need4speed any chance you could post up a pic of you exhaust at low level straight on, i think it looks awsome from the pics youve posted just wanted to see it close up, if you could that would be much appreciated. :D
I have held up loads of different tips to try and get a idea. The two things i dont want it a backbox that hangs too low because id rather it was tucked up as far underneath as possible, and i dont want the tip to extend too far pass the bumper. Just me being fussy, but a mandrel bent 2.5 stainless sytem wont be cheap so ive got to get it right first time :D

cheers for all your input so far guys.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

garfy1981 wrote:Need4speed any chance you could post up a pic of you exhaust at low level straight on, i think it looks awsome from the pics youve posted just wanted to see it close up, if you could that would be much appreciated. :D
Thx, but no can do on the pics, my car is 800km away, and I wont be back home for probably a month, at least.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

no problem mate, is you box ovel or round ( the actual back box not the tip ) ? looks round in the picture but id thought id ask. Cheers dude.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Exhaust is now done, Made up of hotshot headers, 2.5 inch stainless mandrel bent exhaust, and hi-flow cat. 3 inch outward rolled tip to blend in with its sleeper theme !!

piss poor manifolds

dont know why mazda decided to fit brillo pads inside them !!

Finished project

Once i find a camera man i get some videos up as soon as.

cheers for everyones help. :D
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

garfy1981 wrote:dont know why mazda decided to fit brillo pads inside them !!

Isnt that the first stage cat that filters out pollutants until the later cat warms up....

I think that option was mandatory in california in the states
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

yeah that is a pre-cat, dont know if all mx-3 were fitted with them, mine is UK spec RHD.
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

I've used 2.25 piping on my car from the headers back. I have a test pipe in place of the catalytic converter and the rear section is a Greddy SP1 from a 95 civic hatch. The car is loud without the cat but it's not bad. It sounds awesome with this set up and gets a lot of thumbs up when people hear me getting on it. If you are curious of how it looks, I have pics on my cardomain. I haven't tried posting pics on the forums so it's easier if you check the cardomain.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
Distrait

Post by Distrait »

ack, does this mean i have to replace my entire exhaust system if i want full performance from a klze?

also, garfy1981, how much did all that cost you?
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

Yeah, the stock exhaust from the 1.8 is too restrictive. I drove my car with the ze and a stock exhaust and it was a huge difference over the 1.8. Once I changed the exhaust there was a noticable difference with how the car pulled. You can get away with the stock exhaust but you'll notice the difference if you change it.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Hey guys just back from holiday in Ibiza !!

Anyhow exhaust cost alot !!!, mainly because it was all custom made being mandrel bent stainless. plus the price of stainless has shot up over here in the uk. Apparantely the chinesse are using it like no tommorow or something????
Any how without the headers, but including the hi-flow cat it was £700 ( your have to convert it into $$ )
with the stock exhaust, uprated spark leads, airfilter it pulled 146whp. Ive not re-dynod it yet to tell the difference but its expected to be 20-25bhp higher fingers crossed !!.

The ze still felt quick with the 1.8 exhaust on, but it does rev alot easier now its gone, so if you not got the cash right now i would still change the k8 for the ze even if you kept the stock exhaust until you could find some funds!!, i ran mine on stock exhaust for 9 months before changing it.
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

no cat is loud, i dont have a cat or a muffler... My neighbors all hate me lol
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-