INDICATERS/SIDE REPEATERS

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
Aiden Ulph

INDICATERS/SIDE REPEATERS

Post by Aiden Ulph »

HEY ALL!!!

Does anyone know where i could perchase some clear indicator lenses?
or could i go to my local Halfords n buy em of the shelf

thanx
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Oh no not another halfords drone buyer!!!!!

Only kidding pal, if you like the stuff you go for it. But I beg you dont make your MX3 into a boy racer car please.

How about checking out other cars first see what style you would like. The VW golf has clean looking side repeaters.
Aiden Ulph

Post by Aiden Ulph »

There is no way id wana make my beloved mx 3 in to a boy racer heap!
My car has the clear front indicators already on it and jusy wanted to continue the theme!

cheers neway buddy!!!!
Aiden Ulph

Post by Aiden Ulph »

or would u know if i could get some of the mazda mx 5 that are in clear or some from the new mazda 3 or 6
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

mine are from a mazda 6, theres a small lip on the repeater that needs trimming and there is a bit of wiring to alter, but its pretty easy.

2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
Aiden Ulph

Post by Aiden Ulph »

cheers mate!!
how much are they if u dont mind me asking? was it hard to wire
and trim?
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

no all you need are 4 of the small spade connection ( same size as the small terminal found on speakers) 4 male bullet lugs and 4 female bullet lugs. Push the small spade lugs onto the repeater connections then seal around the connections with silicone to stop them shorting out !!, then chop off the existing plug that went onto the orange repeater and use the male and female bullet connections to connect to the existing wiring.

the mazda 6 repeater will need about 2mm chopped off it, on the back your see and plastic retaining clip and on the opposite side your see a triangle shaped bit of plastic that holds onto the repeater to the wing. This needs about 2mm chopped off with a dremal but retaining the same shape. You should be able to see what i mean if you do get them.

I got them from mazda they wernt expensive. but i cant remember how much ???

just a note, before you start anything take off your orange indicator and check the condition of the paint underneath, onle of mine is a bit poor and needs alot of t-cutting to blend in with the rest of the wing.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
Aiden Ulph

Post by Aiden Ulph »

Thanks 4 the info!!!!
Il give it ago once i get the repeaters.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”