top speed

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) wrote:Now that im running turbo i decided to see wat it could do (top speed) this morning after getting off around 7:30 am. Got it up to 130 MPH,slowed down after that because ive never gone that fast. I thought we have a limiter in our cars ? i thought i hit it one time around 115. although i could have just been in 4th maxed out.
There is not a speed limiter.

On my DOHC I had gotten it up to about 115 but I was not trying to top it out this was during a rather long raod trip. Around 105 the motor would have trouble getting up then once i got to 110 it did okay. Alot of these patterns will be affected by your motors modifications and wear and tear. Older motors dont put down the same numbers as new ones espically when they are ragged on.

On the BP swap I have reached the mechanical top speed with the rev limiter at 7.5k, you can do the math on that one.

Mx-3s are fairly areodynamic and even swapping on the few body diffrences from a GS to a RS will help your top speed (it reduces your drag coefficent by .01). These cars are not bricks by any means when it comes to drag.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

torpedan wrote:

On the BP swap I have reached the mechanical top speed with the rev limiter at 7.5k, you can do the math on that one.
I have gotten my sohc mx-3 up to 120 once 115 on average. takes forever

at least am not the only one what can rev in 7500rpm range. so how fast did u go on ur BP. Ive only gone up to 125mph on my BP MX-3 and my bro still kick my a-- in his MX-6 GT freckin turbo.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
torpedan wrote:

I have gotten my sohc mx-3 up to 120 once 115 on average. takes forever

at least am not the only one what can rev in 7500rpm range. so how fast did u go on ur BP. Ive only gone up to 125mph on my BP MX-3 and my bro still kick my a-- in his MX-6 GT freckin turbo.

tacs are not always accurate though, somewhere north of 150mph though. Things come up on you scary fast and even after a hard break session to slow down the car and it feels like the world has returned to normal speeds and i was still going 90ish
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
max kl

Post by max kl »

my spedo goes to 130 so can i go faster?

hahahah sup bro
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I hate to bring up my older car but I used to bury my needle on my 240sx all the time NA KA24DE. Speedo went to i think it was 110 or 115. My Mazda on the other hand with the B6DE sucks a nut at top speed and a month ago I blew out the differential cause I wanted to beat the piss out of the tranny lol.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

I just touched 120mph on the B6DE (ATX) @~5.3K rpm - it was scary as hell because it felt like i was driving the car on an oil slick.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

i tested my stock '94 DOHC 4 banger. its quick up to around 5K in 4th gear, then it just kinda dies. im not gonna lie though, im not used to being so low to the ground so 95 felt like 120 in my other car. i ran out of road to go any higher than 100. it took awhile but after 95 it seemd to go up. my speedo goes up to 150. ill bet it could hit 130 stock if u had enough road.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Too bad everyone trashes ATX - i never had any problems going from 60-100+ it just goes up smoothly - but 0-60 is a whole different sad story. Also another thing i noticed is lower RPMs (compared to standard) at high speeds.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

max kl wrote:my spedo goes to 130 so can i go faster?

hahahah sup bro
Maybe if you weld the thing back together..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
kudkudniyog

Post by kudkudniyog »

120mph on a 92 RS manual. That was back in 97.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”