mx3 v6 running rough

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bartman

mx3 v6 running rough

Post by bartman »

hi there im hoping some one can shed some light on this problem. my mx3 v6 has just started to run really rough under acceleration, it has a loss in power when you put your foot down and sounds almost like a hammer drill, but if you ease of the gas and slowly put your foot down it accelerates fine! The only mods i have done to the car so far are a k&n air filter and twin exhaust.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if you havent changed anything and this jsut started, i'd check that plastic accordian intake hose thing. it probably has a crack and is flexing when you accelerate
bartman

Post by bartman »

hey thanks ninjajim4. i have resolved the problem with the hose after the air flow metre, just wrapped some tape around it, still havin the same problem though :cry:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Man Jim! How the hell you going to help the person who ruined the Cubs' chance at a World Series appearance?
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

you should make sure you really got it good. before i got my CAI, i ghetto rigged it but it held up really well. first i wrapped a bunch of layers of saran wrap around it, then a bunch of layers of black tape -- and it still didn't hold up after a few months.

even a small hole is going to screw up the works, so make sure you really get it sealed up. i guess the way to test it is to spray carb or brake cleaner all over it and if the engine revs up, you're still leaking. given that you already said you had a problem with it, i still think thats probably where the problem lies
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

lakersfan1 wrote:Man Jim! How the hell you going to help the person who ruined the Cubs' chance at a World Series appearance?
LOL! steve? is that you??
bartman

Post by bartman »

hey made sure all is sealed up tighter than a nuns cnt. still got the same problem think im, goin to have to take it to garage :?
chertel

Post by chertel »

On your tb there is a screw, turn it to adjust your idle because it may not be set high enough. I had the same problem and that worked for me.
bartman

Post by bartman »

hey thanks for your help tried everything still running rough every now and again, think it might be the ht leads but that wont matter soon klze swap is a coming :twisted:
chertel

Post by chertel »

Another thing that helped me when my mx-3 was running rough. From the intake there is a hose that goes to the bottom overhead cam. Put an air breather on there instead and block that hose, because what happens is oil gets sucked up into the air intake which is no good because of the air fuel ratio. It helped me. My car runs great now but still doing the klze swap soon.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”