Oil in intake.....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2.5mazda

Oil in intake.....

Post by 2.5mazda »

My car recently started to burn a little oil. I have the 2.5 probe GT engine. It seems that there is a TON of oil going into the intake, my filter has a little in it, and the mass air is a greasy mess on the inside. Is this normal? Is the PCV valve shot? Should I run a catch can? Could this be why the car started to use oil?

Can I take the line off of the intake tube, and pit a breather on it instead? Can I disconnect id from the manifold completely? I dont know what to do.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

seems like abad pvc valve.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

that can cause burning oil and oil in the intake?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well sorta yes, burning oil usually means bad valve seals BUT oil in intake is usually a bad PVC valve..valve is supposed to keepo oil from going to your intake,. get an oil catch can. Usually engines do that when they start to wear.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I tend not to take it easy on this motor... I can just replace the PCV valve and not worry about it right?

Catch can where it goes into the cold air intake or the manifold? Both? Can I plug the other 2 holes and run ONE line from the PCV to a catch can?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Best option is to run a catch can between the PCV valve and the Intake Manifold.
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

and eliminate the line going to the intake tube?
Dom

Post by Dom »

i personally dont like catch cans, i would just replace the pcv...i had one on my other car when i bought it, not sure if it was installled correctly but a hose went from the vc to the catch can and another from the catch can to the other vc
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

There are posts with pics on the particlar subject. Covered quite well and extensively. Pics are quite good and recommend you also try Grants site for supplemental info.

http://www.eunos30x.com/

http://www.eunos30x.com/howtos/oilcatchcan/index.html
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”