turbo oil feed position?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Joey's mx

turbo oil feed position?

Post by Joey's mx »

Does the oil feed for the turbo have to be directly on the top of the turbo?? I have mine on top but slightly turned towards the block(maybe 1 inch from directly on top)??

Will this cause anything??
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

do it like this oill feed on top oil return on bottom (oil return is the blue tube in pic.) u put ur oil return on top u'll have problems.

(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

No won't cause anything. I actually have mine slightly turned away from the engine on accident. Just makes it easier for the oil to go back when I am moving :)
rockykarlos

Post by rockykarlos »

isnt your return line tapped too low on the oil pan ? i though we needed to tap it as high as possible. Do you have more pics ? im about to do mine soon. Would be usefull
mazda protege lx 95
mazda 323 93
Dom

Post by Dom »

yeaaa that looks really low....thats not too safe for ur turbo.....make sure u never have enough oil in your car or ur turbos gonee
precidian

Post by precidian »

Dom wrote:yeaaa that looks really low....thats not too safe for ur turbo.....make sure u never have enough oil in your car or ur turbos gonee
Don't you mean make sure that you have enough oil?
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Since the oil tap is so low on th epan he means not to over fill your oil. But i think that tap is fine, sure it could of been higher, but fine. Since the return line is using gravity to take the oil away u wouldlike it as high as possible so the oil in the pan is not covering the drain tap already.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Dom

Post by Dom »

XxantwawnxX wrote:Since the oil tap is so low on th epan he means not to over fill your oil. But i think that tap is fine, sure it could of been higher, but fine. Since the return line is using gravity to take the oil away u wouldlike it as high as possible so the oil in the pan is not covering the drain tap already.

^^ thats what i meant, if u block the oil return it builds pressure and will cause ur seals to blow
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

lol, I tapped mine in the same place, first off the BP oil pan is slanted slightly back, 2nd with a big line like that and the small amount that the turbo is feed with, it is not a problem.

Return to “Forced Induction”