hei mod. $20disty fix

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jamarquardt22

hei mod. $20disty fix

Post by jamarquardt22 »

Im trying to apply this fix to my wifes mx3. heres the link http://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...#post1921336037

now my wire colors are different and her car wont start. Heres what I have

Green wire, pin (G) goes to Orange
Red wire, pin (B) goes to either Black or Blue. I cant tell, may of discolored.
White wire, Pin (C) goes to Red

Black I have grounded to the IM.

Its possible that I may of put the rotor back on in the wrong spot. but I dont think so

Another thing is that I have a remote starter that ive been using to test this. earlyer today I forgot to connect the 3 pin plug and it only tryed to start for a sec instead of the normal 10 or so.
Its doing that even though i have it pluged in.
Stock 93 GS SE v6 Automatic
precidian

Post by precidian »

I would recommend you do a search and read the FAQs of the board... many of your questions have been answered before.

here is a link that may help... http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50154
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
jamarquardt22

Post by jamarquardt22 »

searched and read that one before. it didnt help also the info i used before didnt menchion anything about a external coil like msd or anything.

Andy

ps. ill try looking in the faq section
precidian

Post by precidian »

I tried a search also... couple of words and in less then a minute... I found this.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=hei+mod

cheers,

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
jamarquardt22

Post by jamarquardt22 »

I read that yesterday too.

Bottom line. ive fixed the grounding prob w/the HEI so my starter cranks for its normal length of time now. Still no Spark! Ive tryed all three postitons for the rotor and nothing. Coils are good I tested primalry and secondary for reisitance and got 1ohm and 9.5k which was a little low but its not exactly at normal temp either. battery is 12.5v what else could it be?

Andy
precidian

Post by precidian »

this is a good description of what is going on also. Most everyone I know that has done it has been quiet successful with the instructions from here.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=26506

jamarquardt22

Post by jamarquardt22 »

yup already saw that one too. I think my internal coil is screwed. Im going to probably replace the disty cause i want this to run yesterday! and im not up for modding somthing to fix a prob where im not sure where it is. I know its either the coil or the ICM so im giong to replace the disty.

thanks for trying to help me through this though.
jamarquardt22

Post by jamarquardt22 »

thanks everyone problem resolved! I believe that it was actually the internal coil not the ICM. I verifyed that the hei mod. was wired correctly w/my uncle who works for gm. Got a rebuilt from autozone for $160 lifetime waranty put that in, reversed the hei mod and runs like before.:)

thanks again

Andy

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”